Psoriasis and healthy diet..

Posted Sun 29 Apr 2018 09.42 by MichyLou

Hi I'm new here so hope I'm posting in the right place ! My psoriasis has flared up so badly since starting a new healthy eating plan. I'm pleased the weight is coming off but I'm not bikini ready because of my skin! I'm eating lots of fruit veg eggs and salad. I've cut my alcohol consumption right down So what's upsetting my skin?! My scalp is sooo bad too. Thanks

Posted Sun 29 Apr 2018 12.21 by Aurora
I have had a patch of psoriasis on top of my foot for over 10 years.I used to think it was athlete's foot.Now I seem to have developed psori

Hi Michy Lou, It could be that you're going through a so-called "healing crisis" where your body is responding to the healthier diet and temporarily getting rid of toxins so that it's worse for now. Don't forget to consume healthy fats,even when trying to lose weight.I've found Omega 3 oils essential for my psor. Hope things improve soon !

Posted Mon 30 Apr 2018 15.06 by shy_girl1988

This is something I have always wondered, if diet would affect my skin. So the answer is yes but maybe not in the best way. I have recently started to drink more water and add more fruit & veg into my diet also. You are always bikini ready michylou. Don't let your skin ruin that for you. A few people have started up a fb support page if you fancy having a chat with people . https://m.facebook.com/groups/375000316315644 We are all sharing pics, stories & support. I have been a member a week and I feel inspired already. Good luck x

To take part, sign in or register with us