Stubborn psoriasis!

Posted Tue 1 May 2018 21.28 by Chloelouisex (edited Tue 1 May 2018 21.30 by Chloelouisex)

I have had psoriasis for around 3 years now, pretty much since i was diagnosed with a dairy allergy. It flares up really bad when im run down. I have had steroid hair mousses/creams from my gp which work briefly to calm it down but because of the sensitivity of my skin they’ve never wanted to continue the courses of the steroids for too long. I get it above my eye, in my scalp, really bad behind my ears & slightly in my ears. I have patches on my elbows and dry skin else where. Ive tried childs farm, E45, double base cream, as well as medicated shampoos,which helped for a little while and then wouldnt do anything else. As a woman it makes me so concious all of the time. I will only wear my hair up around people I’m comfortable with, who know what it is and why its there. If im in a shop with my hair up I feel like people behind me are thinking “ew thats disgusting” as they see the dead skin on my clothes. The hardest part for me was to let my boyfriend of 6 months see it all, hes massively supportive though and as a barber wants me to do an 8 week psoriasis research programme with a fellow hair company. Which is fine but its very hard to speak about it and let people look at it!

Posted Tue 1 May 2018 22.04 by Kbloss

I’ve had severe plaque psoriasis for 10 years. All of the topical treatments I tried did not work. I had it in all of the same spots that you do as well as my legs, butt, back, tops of my feet, and forearms. Have you tried a biological? I’m currently using Stelara and it completely cleared me up.

Posted Wed 2 May 2018 14.29 by shy_girl1988

Hey You are most certainly not alone in how you feel. We all feel your pain. It really is difficult to feel good about yourself when you have that pesky P!!! I personally have got to the stage where I can eventually say WHO CARES , although to a certain extent. I can assure you that if any of these people were thinking that then they are very narrow minded, disgusting human beings. EVERY single one of us has something we don't want to share with everyone we meet. They are just hiding it well. Clearly non educated. A few of u from this site have set up a fp support page. Its growing in members within a week. We are sharing pics, feelings, stories etc & supporting each other. If you feel up to it come check it out. https://m.facebook.com/groups/375000316315644 You are not alone, were all in this together. Lets kick Psoriasis butt!!! Learn to love ourselves again.

Posted Wed 30 May 2018 20.21 by Julieju

I here your pain. I have suffered with this in the same places for 36 years. I also come to the point of I don't care what anyone thinks. I have had various treatments over the years but now I keep my skin moisturised and don't worry about what people can see. We all have to learn to live with this and learn to love ourselves, this takes time but everyone can get there.

To take part, sign in or register with us