Psoriasis and palpitations

Posted Thu 26 Dec 2013 09.40 by Shaunalexc
Completely...

Hi folks, I've been a psoriasis sufferer for 10 years, on and off. Currently on again and receiving another round of UV light treatment. I have psoriasis of the body (about 50 plaques), ear, and scalp. Throughout the whole time I've suffered psoriasis I've also had heart palpitations. These were bad enough that I ended up in a&e twice, fearing imminent death. While the doctors acknowledge I have palpitations, they insist they are benign. That's fine, then, but these fluttering a are always alarming and uncomfortable when they happen. I read about a study suggesting a link between psoriasis and palpitations. Does anyone have more information about this? Have the studies been carried forward? Does anyone else have this too? A merry Xmass to all Shaun

Posted Tue 13 Jan 2015 00.34 by Ann Andrews
I have had P on my scalp which has cleared up. Now I have it on my left eyebrow and inside my ears and I. Front of my ears at the side of my

Hello Shaun, yes, the same as you. I experience palpitations along with my Psoriasis. Very alarming when they occur. I have noticed that when the palpitations stop I need to go to the loo!! VER strange but this is a pattern I have noticed. I have suffered with Psoriasis for 25 years. The palpitations are recent though. I also get feelings of anxiety for no reason and can get a bit of a strange feeling in my head. Don't know if you experience the other symptoms but would be interested to know. Ann

Posted Mon 6 Jul 2015 18.45 by oceandrawn
I was born with it, it comes and goes. I eat a plant based diet,90% raw. I do eat fish once in a while. I now live in British Virgin Island

Hi Shaun, I have had psoriasis all my live off and on. I have heart arrhythmia events starting around 5( earliest I remember). The doctors can not find a heart issue but realize there is clearly something wrong. I pass (out for up to 30 minutes or go in and out for longer like my last one). They have found that incline can trigger an event. two Out of 3 of my children have this too. I believe it is genetic, doctors wont say. I just started with this site and came across your post. it was written in 2013. Can you expound any more. How are the two connected? Could you provide the study you mentioned in your post ("I read about a study suggesting a link between psoriasis and palpitations"). I never thought they could be connected. I am hoping you still follow this forum. Oceandrawn

To take part, sign in or register with us