SCALP ISSUES!!!

Posted Thu 10 May 2018 09.57 by shy_girl1988 (edited Thu 10 May 2018 09.58 by shy_girl1988)

Hey guys I have most of my psoriasis under control at the moment but my scalp just doesn't seem to want to calm down at all. It's itchy and it never has done before and just seems to be coming back with vengeance at the moment. I usually use clarelux but I think it is either discontinued or there are manufacturing issues until October. Not really sure which!! I thought I would maybe take this opportunity to maybe see if anyone out there has had any success with a natural product of some sort on their scalp?? Obviously I have read about numerous things but not from people who have physically seen results. I just fancy laying off the steroids for a bit. The routine of putting all the stuff on constant is getting tiring at the moment :( or even a shampoo that actually helps, I personally don't feel my shampoo helps me at all.

Posted Wed 16 May 2018 16.40 by vasselise
Hi everyone. I have been loving and loathing my flakes for 45 years. We shall overcome :-)

Oh I feel your pain. I have always had scalp psoriasis ... over 45 years now :-( I have used everything under the sun including coal tar, dovonex, clarelux, sebco, tea tree, t gel etc etc you name it I have it in my cupboard. My only advice would be to find what is right for you. Please do not use Enstillar .. it is evil and I am convinced it brought on my current break out. I find a lot of relief from baby oil which I massage in and leave overnight, other than the greasy hair it does help me. I have used hemp cream from Body Shop which does help but it is so thick it is hard to apply. I get the constant routine it can be very draining, hence why I am trying the baby oil route. I am on acetretin at the moment which is not great as the side effects are just as bad as the psoriasis itself. Has anyone tried shaving hair off for light treatment and direct application of creams etc. Stay strong hon, I know it's hard S x

Posted Sun 20 May 2018 08.44 by hev

Hi I used to have thick flaky itchy plaques on my scalp. My hairdresser recommended Nioxin system 1 shampoo. I have never looked back. Hope it is as good for you as it has been for me!! Good luck

Posted Mon 27 Aug 2018 13.47 by shy_girl1988

Hi Guys Yeah its a long drawn out process psoriasis!!!!! Thank you for replying to me, I lost my log in details :( Found now obviously :) My scalp is still as bad as ever. Its starting to get really embarrassing (and I am good at not really caring about what other people think) Im so fed up of the constant struggle. The only thing that had ever worked for my scalp was clarelux and it is forever being taken off the shelves. I will give what you guys have said a try .

Posted Tue 11 Sep 2018 14.01 by RedDwarf

Olive oil helps to calm my scalp down - in the short term. I put it on in the evening and leave on overnight.

To take part, sign in or register with us