Enstilar Foam

Posted Thu 21 Jun 2018 18.52 by Kat1501

I was diagnosed with mild scalp psoriasis last week and have been given Capasol shampoo and Enstilar foam to use. I am yet to use the foam as I have never used it before. It says to apply direct to the skin which is fine but how do you wash it off? Do you just use water or can I use the capsasol shampoo at the same time?! Not had anything like this before and want to treat it right!

Posted Thu 21 Jun 2018 19.21 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I have never used or been prescribed Enstilar foam, but I have read that it is not easy to wash out of the hair. Certainly there is no general problem to use the Capasal to wash the Enstilar out of the hair after leaving it for the time recommended to you by the doctor - they do not have any ingredients to react together in a bad way. Some posters have mentioned that Capasal did make a good job or geting the Enstilar out. I use capasal and find it somewhat drying, but after rinsing it out I use a small amount of regular conditioner on my hair - only on the hair 2-3 inches from the scalp to the ends. I do not massage it into my scalp. Good luck

Posted Fri 22 Jun 2018 04.02 by DanielC

Enstilar is terribly difficult to wash out. Which is annoying as it is very effective. Your hair will be like you stuck it in a deep fat fryer and because the foam is hydrophobic you will need to wash it a few times with a mild shampoo and the last hurrah could be the Capasal which you leave on lathered for 5 minutes before washing out.

Posted Fri 22 Jun 2018 09.38 by Kat1501

Thank you both for replying. The Capasal seemed to do quite a good job getting it out if it was left on for 5 minutes as you suggested. It does completely dry my hair our so I think I will need to get some conditioner of some sort. Luckily it is only in a relevant limited place on my scalp so I don't have to use that much of it!

To take part, sign in or register with us