Methotrexate, anyone?

Posted Mon 25 Jun 2018 12.14 by noideasink

I nust started methotrexate after battling this stinking disease for about 10 years. I just took my first dose - 6 pills all at once one day per week. So far so good. My plaque psoriasis is severe, my legs, ankle to hip, are covered. My butt and most of my back are covered. Abdomen, Chest, Arms. And so itchy, and the embarassing flakes after a scratch. It is a terrible and disfiguring disease. I want to keep optimistic, so, just for now, would like to hear some positive experiences. Anyone? Thanks, and best on ridding all of us of this disease.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 2018 20.45 by Toodlesoodles

I'll have been in it 3 weeks tomorrow. Not noticed any improvement in my skin yet but also not had any side effects.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 2018 17.15 by dragonswell

Methotrexate worked for me, are you on folic acid? I came off after a couple of years, just for a rest, my psoriasis came back, but much smaller patches and the rest from topical treatments seemed to make them more effective when i used them. I suffered no more serious side effects than nausea, i found taking the tablets at bedtime meant i slept through the nausea. Good luck, if i get down, and i have had psoriasis for thirty years, i tell myself it won't kill me and i am much better of than many others who would swap diseases with me if they could.

To take part, sign in or register with us