Changing sunbed lamps for UVB lamps

Posted Wed 27 Jun 2018 18.46 by Suzanne2000

Hello I'm new to forums but I've had p. for 10 years and was treated with creams, then light therapy in London - that lasted about 5 years so I was very happy. Unfortunately I have moved to the South West where I had a dermo apt last December with a follow-up due in March. That didn't happen, p. got much worse, letters from GP to dermo - finally have an apt mid July. Since then my 'catering assistant' contract has been cancelled ... not really surprised as p. has spread everywhere. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to get a sunbed and change the lamps to UVB ones? After all the creams I've had over the years, my skin is so thin it splits if I bump into anything, let alone the staining. I know when I had light therapy in hospital it started at 45secs and went up to over 5 mins (got burnt at 5.5 mins) ... Any advice/info would be appreciated!

Posted Thu 5 Jul 2018 17.21 by lwrightuk

Bumping the thread as I too am interested in this.

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 09.51 by lwrightuk

Suzanne2000: Did you find any information out?

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 10.01 by Suzanne2000

Not yet, am seeing dermo dr next week - he probably won't like the idea, but then he is 4 months late for my 'follow up' appointment! If no info from him I will call the companies who provide the lamps/beds. I thought maybe someone on this forum would know ...

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 10.07 by lwrightuk

Suzanne2000: Me too. What companies do you know of? I have been recommended: Skin Matters Bristol and Much Better Skin.

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 10.19 by Suzanne2000

Yes, I looked them up online also. Thought I'd hire first. I had light therapy in London about 5 years ago - worked a treat apart from getting burnt after 5 mins and then discharged. The few plaques I had left on my leg weren't noticeable, didn't spread and the treatment lasted for about 3 years.

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 10.22 by lwrightuk

Suzanne2000: That's great to hear. Do you have any information on hire companies that you would be willing to share?

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 11.00 by Suzanne2000

I'm pretty sure those two companies hire also - you just need to prove you have a p. problem - presume dr letter or prescription

To take part, sign in or register with us