Holiday time..

Posted Sun 15 Jul 2018 00.23 by Jodieleigh92x

Hi everyone I’m new to this, I go away Monday night I’m covered in guttate psoriasis I’m so nervous about going away like to the point I’m dreading it.. can I ask has anybody seen good results from the sun clearing it up on holiday? What would I be best to use on my skin in the heat when I’m in the sun? I’m so desperate for it to go so I can wear dresses ect x Thanks all x

Posted Sun 15 Jul 2018 09.46 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sun 15 Jul 2018 17.10 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

You need to avoid actual sunburn - that could exacerbate the psoriaisis. Someone else recounted sunscreen lotion possibly irritating their psoriasis. My personal advice: avoid mid-day sun, invest in sun hat and looose, light clothes, Thin cottons might also allow your skin to benefit from indirect sunlight. limit your times with bare skin exposed in the sun to short periods. Swimming in the sea often helps psoriasis. If you are using anything like Dovobet - get medical advice, some treatments will increase your skin sensitivity to sun and further increase your risk of burning. Here is a post you might find relevant: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=2236

Posted Sun 15 Jul 2018 16.46 by Sarah (edited Sun 15 Jul 2018 16.48 by Sarah)

Hi Jodie, I’m know actually how you feel,I’m like that every time I go to Spain.Ive just come back from there and I’m afraid to say my psoriasis on my legs got worse! And I ended up with awful heat rash too. I only had my legs out for a day and I was only walking around. I wore cotton baggy trousers to cover up my legs in the end. I still got my arms and chest out and they were fine with a factor 30 sensitivite sun cream,a milk type was better as it’s light. I didn’t sit in the sun but did sit in the shade at times. I would def take calamine lotion as that help with the itchy on my legs,drink plently of water and I use Certraben ointment to wash with and Eperderm cream to moisturiser. I have psoriasis all over my body and I wear sleeveless tops etc.So don’t be afraid and have a lovely time. Hope this helps... Let me know if I can help by time.

To take part, sign in or register with us