Reaction to treatment

Posted Wed 1 Aug 2018 17.10 by Seanie

Hi all! I`ve had Psoriasis now for about 20 years. I had treatment several years ago via Dovonex and had good results but after rthe treatment finished it all came back. I decided that now I needed to go back to the GP as it has spread. He prescribed Dovonex and Betamethasone again but this time I have reacted very badly to it. My hands, feet, legs and elbows are all red raw, painful to touch and pealing. It looks like someone has thrown acid over me. I went back to the GP and all he said was stop using them. Well it`s been a week without treatment and my skin is raging! My hands and feet are very red and pealing and very tendor. Has anyone else experianced this and is there a solution? Thanks Sean

Posted Mon 6 Aug 2018 14.47 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

The thing I have found is that different treatments work, or not, on different parts of my body. Dovobet works very well on my lower body....but on my knuckles, which have bad psoriasis, it actually makes it worse !

Posted Mon 6 Aug 2018 15.12 by Seanie (edited Mon 6 Aug 2018 15.13 by Seanie)

Hey Pete! I found that. It worked well on my legs but nowhere else. I saw another GP and he put me on some different creams and antibiotics because he believed I had an infection within the Psoriasis. It seems to all be working!

Posted Mon 6 Aug 2018 15.24 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

Over the years I made a list of where Dovobet works really well on me ( I can't guarantee it would be the same for anyone else ).......the legs, basically the entire lower half of body, the lower back, and....surprisingly...ears and eyebrows where it works best of all and only a tiny amount makes the psoriasis go away for weeks. One is not supposed to use Dovobet on face....but nothing else worked whilst even a tiny application of Dovobet made the psoriasis disappear for several weeks. I found that on hands, Dovobet is utterly useless....even making it worse.

To take part, sign in or register with us