Exfoliate Patches.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 2018 20.01 by Sarah

Hi everyone,does anyone know a good exfoliate product to get off the dry patches of skin? Looking for natural,no perfume and a reasonable price. My patches are building up and itchy too,especially tops of my legs and bottom.😫 Help!

Posted Wed 15 Aug 2018 13.33 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 15 Aug 2018 13.33 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Sarah, I am neither a dermatologist or skin-care expert. But I would have concerns that using an exfolliant to remove the scaly build-up would risk damage to the potentially raw skin underneath. I do not know which ones are "natural", but there are issues that even with what seems to be the mildest of product, someone might find that they have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients. I have seen comments in these forums that some people soften the scales with moisturiser or oil (eg coconut oil) or a combination of both, and then very gently scrape the scales off with a fingernail. However, I do not know if that does anything to reduce itching. Hopefully someone else with more experience will be able to add more to help you.

Posted Wed 15 Aug 2018 17.53 by Roo92

Hi Sarah, I use a combination of coconut oil and granulated sugar. I do this whilst soaking in a bath with either dead sea salt or raw coconut oil as it softens the patches. You do have to do it very gently as to not damage the skin underneath. x

To take part, sign in or register with us