Everyone Suffering Please Read

Posted Mon 27 Aug 2018 11.07 by Wooie

Hi everyone I won’t bore you with my life story I’ll just give you the facts and my experience. If I can help one person that would be truely amazing! I’m 33 & have had psoriasis since I was a kid, I was referred to hospital from a very young age. I have learnt to deal with it but I do suffer with depression when it flares up. I’m a very confident and a girly girl so as you can probably imagine my confidence is rock bottom when my skin flares up. I’ll try anything and often spend whatever it takes to find something that works. My current flare up has lasted nearly a year now, this was a rebound effect from coming off Methotrexate. I was on Methotrexate for about a year & Cyclosporine for 2 years before that. Suppressing my psoriasis for 3 years has left me with 30-40% of my body covered for the past year!!! It’s on my legs, bum cheeks and the backs of my arms. The plaques are quite big and some have merged in to an even bigger one! I have refused to give up and go back on the tablets therefore I have tried Dovobet, Exorex, Dithro Cream (Brown), Enstillar, Silkis, Eumovate, Elcon, Cetraben, Hydromol, Coconut Oil, changed my diet also loosely followed Jason Vales 30 day Juicing plan with vitimins. You name it I’ve tried it! I was using sunbeds then went on a 2 week sun holiday to Turkey which cleared it only for it to return after being back home for a week! So this is hopefully where I can help! After reading many posts on here & researching hours and hours for something I decided to purchased a UVB hand held device from Amazon £180. I’ve been using this for about 5 weeks which is having a great effect on my skin, I use it every other day which takes me about an hour but I’d definetly recommend. I also went to Holland & Barrett after reading how to treat psoriasis holistically, I started to read about CBD oill which has hemp oil in it too. I have to say I am blown away! I have been using this combination for the last 3 days. I Take 3 to 5 drops before I go to sleep and also mix it with Aveeno Moisturiser. I feel like I’ve finally cracked what will shift even my most stubborn patches, my skin is starting to peel which is normally the sign of it going. The red inflammation has gone and my patches are white and shrinking. I hope someone with find this post helpful, I’ll keep you posted on my progress. If you have any questions please get in contact. Thanks for reading :) Take care & stay positive Tricia Xx

Posted Sun 2 Sep 2018 00.19 by Gem 82
Hi my name's gemma I have had psoriasis for 24 years

I will be trying this I have had psoriasis since I was 13 now 36 I hate my body I can't even go swimming anymore which is annoying as I have 5 kids who would love to go swimming with me. I will try this fingers crossed it works. X

Posted Sun 2 Sep 2018 14.13 by Wooie

Thank you for the advice Wendy I will try introducing VD into my diet. Gemma it’s definetly worth trying. I’ve not use the UVB light in over a week due to having things on however I have used CBD oil everyday with my Aveeno Moisturiser and I am still very please with the result! My P is shrinking as previous Tan lines show where the original patches where. I understand how you feel, I feel like I’ve lost myself the past year! Try this & stay positive xx

Posted Sun 2 Sep 2018 18.20 by MrsB

Hi - I’ve joined today as my 17 year old son is suffering badly at the moment. We have been to the drs so many times nothing seems to work. He has now been referred for some UVB treatment, we are waiting for an appointment to come through. Fingers crossed this will offer him some relief. It’s comforting to know there are lots of people out there who understand and can offer help and guidance - thank you.

Posted Mon 24 Dec 2018 01.56 by Rebeccaclarke

Hi there, Just curious as to what CBD oil from Holland and Barrett you are using? Xx

Posted Mon 24 Dec 2018 12.24 by Wooie

Hi, I was using the 2.5% and 5% mixed in with Sorion cream that I buy from hello skin. It’s expensive but since posting this my skin has cleared up. I’m left with some stubborn patches but they are going and they are manageable when I go out I’m now able to wear dresses and skirts I just use Sally Hanson Leg tan cream all my body which looks nice and also covers up any psoriasis I have! Hope this helps xx

Posted Wed 26 Dec 2018 23.34 by Stevie
Alright there! I'm Steve I'm 36 and have suffered with psoriasis since I was 18.

Hey tricia I have just read your post and I have also had every treatment under the sun.... I have suffered terrible side effects and have only ever found sunbeds with baby oil baths and dovabet worked I am now on acitretin and am not liking it... I was clear and managing it up untill 2yrs ago then bang... 80% all over... Im gonna look into this minus the leg tan!!

Posted Thu 27 Dec 2018 09.47 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I tried Sorion cream after reading "its a miracle" articles about it. It did nothing at all for my psoriasis, but not all treatments have the same outcomes for all people, that is clear from reading these forum messages.

Posted Thu 27 Dec 2018 10.05 by welshexport

Hi I started on CBD 10% about a month ago it seems to be helping with the pain and with sleeping although my TINNItUS is no better. I will be using the cream as of today my Son bought it for me for Xmas and a book on CBD treatments. I have suffered since 1982 and am hoping for more improvement with the use of CBD. I am really suffering with the Tinnitus and have now read that people who suffer with autoimmune diseases are more prone to getting Tinnitus. 1982 Psoriasis 1982 Inverse Psoriasis 1985 Hiatus Hernia 1987 Psoriatic Arthritis 1994 Gerd 2008 Hospitalized after losing the feeling in right side of face, I am now very sensitive to cold and drafts. No diagnosis was given for this even though I spent a week in hospital, the feeling came back gradually but I suffer from the cold on the upper right side of my face. 2011 Shingles 2016 Barrett’s Oesophagus Had Tinnitus for over 15 years officially diagnosed in 2011 Thank you for sharing Richard

Posted Wed 2 Jan 2019 10.24 by Karen Regina

I am the same, have been living with psoriasis since I was 23,i am currently not on any medication but using dovobate and moisturizing ointments. All i can say, we need to find a cure for the itching, i am ok with the patches but the itching...

To take part, sign in or register with us