so many red bumps on her face

Posted Tue 28 Aug 2018 00.55 by browniecat

Hey everyone, my mum’s psoriasis recently returned, after a long wait she’s finally receiving light treatment, i can see the psoriasis clearing up on her body except for her scalp which i’m guessing is gonna take longer? also she’s now got so many red bumps on her face which she says hurt, she didn’t get this the first time her psoriasis made an appearance....are the bumps on her face because of psoriasis or the light treatment or something else? she wears a mask to cover her face during the treatment as she doesn’t like how dark her face is getting. Does anyone know of anything that can get rid of these bumps because it’s all over her face and i can tell it’s getting her down :(

Posted Tue 28 Aug 2018 00.58 by browniecat

also forgot to add that the doctor will be prescribing tablets for her face, anyone know what these tablets are and if they actually work?

Posted Sat 1 Sep 2018 23.50 by wendyloish

Hi browniecat, I have tiny lumps on my face above my eyebrows and between my nose and cheeks. And these areas seem to be red from time to time. When I was in my fifties my face was much worse than it is now (I am 71), and I was tested for lupus. Lupus is another autoimmune disease, with worse consequences than psoriasis. Anyway, the blood test came back that I had markers for lupus, but they were not high enough to support a definite diagnosis of lupus. The doctor went for the next best option, rosacea. The prescribed treatment for this is antibiotics. They seem to dampen down the rosacea outbreak, but it is never gone. From that time onwards, heat has been a trigger for another facial outbreak. It may be the heat from the light treatment that is doing this. The start of the rosacea problem roughly co-incided with menopause. 20 years later, I still find cold is the answer to the problem. I sleep in an unheated bedroom, I wear warm clothes and allow my head to stay cool, while my house remains unheated (I live in Victoria). Summer can be a problem, as anytime it is hot, my face breaks out anew. So try to keep your mother's face cool. Perhaps an ice pack while she is having her light treatment? Good luck, wendyloish

Posted Sun 2 Sep 2018 00.56 by browniecat

hi wendyloish thank you for your response, i went with my mum for her treatment last thursday and the nurse said that the bumps were obviously not due to psoriasis and the light treatment isn’t making it better. She recommended some tablets to take after my mum finishes her treatment because her skin is too sensitive to start taking it now. Hopefully that should do the trick but i’ll bring up using an ice pack and she did mention feeling hot because of the bumps. :)

To take part, sign in or register with us