Diprosalic - Scalp Psoriasis

Posted Wed 5 Sep 2018 17.58 by Hs1991

Hi, only just found this website, looks great! I was diagnosed with psoriasis when I was about 12 - around 15 years ago. It cleared up for a while but my scalp psoriasis has been so bad these past few years it just feels like a constant battle at the minute. I've tried various prescribed treatments from my GP. The most effective one has been Dovobet gel which clears most of it up but within days of stopping using it, it's back again. Went to see a dermatologist for the first time yesterday. To be honest she didnt seem all that helpful but she prescribed me Diprosalic (I'm sure that's what it was called - the pharmacy still have my prescription) however, I went straight to the pharmacy to pick it up and they said there's been an ongoing issue with Diprosalic for a while and it won't be available. Cant get back in touch with her today, will try again tomorrow but was just wondering is anyone had any advice really? Getting quite desperate now ☹️ Thank you

Posted Wed 5 Sep 2018 18.47 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 5 Sep 2018 18.52 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Under the heading "Psoriasis and Treatments" at the top of the page, is a section on non-availability of certain medications. Diprosalic is not shown. But it is suggested to contact the Psoriasis Association who may know more: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/who-we-are/contact Recently my GP prescribed me an ointment (for something else) that was temporarily having licence issues via NHS. GP told me to phone around to find who could supply it. On my way home I called in to my local Lloyds who said it was not available and the GP was wrong to prescribe it (it turned out they were wrong). They tried to keep the prescription, but I took it back. I went to my local Boots branch who did not have it, but phoned the main branch in town, and they confirmed they had it. I went there. They explained it was what is called off-licence, so they could still supply it, but it would cost the NHS more than usual. They simply had to phone the practice and the Practice Manager confirmed that they should suppy it to me. They only had one tube and my prescription was for two. They supplied one and ordered the second which I picked up a few days later. For that ointment there were several references to the supply/licence problem on the internet found easily. I have not had diprosalic prescribed to me since April 2017. Looking on the internet, there is one note of a temporary supply problem in October 2017, but nothing more recent that I can find. It is still shown as a available to buy online from online pharmacies, so it may not actually be unavailable, but subject to an issue like the ointment that I needed? For scalp, many people on here say they have had great success with Entstilar Foam (which is actually the same active ingredients as Dovobet, but formulated differently).

To take part, sign in or register with us