Pustular Psoriasis

Posted Mon 10 Sep 2018 18.23 by rhi.paige91

Hi there. I’m 26 and have recently been diagnosed with pustular psoriasis (plus plaque psoriasis). I’ve suffered from both for about 15 years and have tried lots of different treatments and most recently a combination of methotrexate and ustekinumab with no improvement in the number of pustular psoriasis flares (but about 80% clearance for the plaque) . Just wondering if anyone else suffers with both conditions and has had any success with treatment?

Posted Thu 31 Jan 2019 08.24 by Gus123

I have pustular on my hands (knuckles of my hands actually). Only thing that shrinks it is Dovobet. Comes back quite quickly though. I am lucky in as much that it doesn't interfere with my life too much. I had plaques a few years ago, and dovobet cleared them up. Don't really get them now.

Posted Fri 5 Apr 2019 14.29 by dee

I have had pustelour psoriasis for 3 years, started as a small patch on one foot, but has now spread to both feet and hands, extremely painful to walk, starts off with thick yellow blisters, which then burst and the skin then dries out and peels, I have also lost several toenails. I have tried most most creams which have not worked. I have recently seen a dermotoglist who has prescribed Dermovate,which seems to have calmed things down. Due to see dermotoglist in a couple of months with a view to start taking cyclosporine. Does anyone know how long you can use Dermovate for, as it is a very strong steroid cream and would also like to hear from anyone who is taking cyclosporine and had good results.

Posted Sun 7 Apr 2019 20.29 by Lindsay

IV been taking cyclosporine for over a year now and it’s the best medication IV taken, after suffering with Pustular on hands/feet for 25 years I think I have tried everything going and been on many clinical trials. I have no side effects and within days I noticed a different. I would highly recommend. Good luck.

Posted Wed 3 Jun 2020 06.31 by Hazel

Hi have recently had a flare up of pustular on my hands ( had it on my feet for years) Does any one know if a hand held uv might help

Posted Sat 6 Jun 2020 20.47 by Anniebee58

Hi Hazel, I have recently been diagnosed with pustular, and prescribed dermovate by my doctor. What treatment do you currently use?

Posted Sun 7 Jun 2020 06.41 by Hazel

My doctor has also prescribed dermovate but I am reluctant to use it.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 2020 15.13 by andersm0

Just wondering if anyone else has had their psoriasis keep changing over time. About 15 years ago mine started as a small dime-sized red patch on my hairline that gradually grew to the size of a quarter over about 5 or 6 years and became flakey. It then became pustular for three or four years and then in the last 6 years no more pustules formed but the skin became very red and thin and oozes a yellow liquid that drys into patches. I can gently soak them off but if removed without softening, it bleeds. There's a raised tender ridge around the of the affected area which is now the size of a silver dollar.

Posted Thu 3 Sep 2020 07.50 by SophieH

I also have this, but only when guttate psoriasis flares up. Really feel for those permanently affected.

To take part, sign in or register with us