adalimumab (Humira) alternatives

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 10.43 by Kevin

Hi - I have been using Humira for some time - however towards the end of the year when it's patent expires - adalimumab can be developed by other companies. I have been asked if I am happy to use an alternative supplier (known as biosimilars) if these alternative options become available - as they will be cheaper? Has anyone experienced this query and has made a change already - has anyone got any feedback that can help me with my decision? Thanks Kevin

Posted Thu 17 Jan 2019 21.23 by Elaine1

Hi kevin I have also recieved the same letter. I have had psoriasis for 40 years and have tried everything there is to clear it, with no success. I then tried Humira eight years ago and have been completely clear since. So like yourself l am reluctant to try the new cheaper drug. I see my consultant 29th January so l will know more then. Have you heard anymore ? Elaine

Posted Fri 18 Jan 2019 11.32 by Dollyann

Slightly different question, if psoriasis is an auto-immune condition, what steps of people taken to boost their immune system?

Posted Fri 18 Jan 2019 14.07 by Elaine1

I think to boost your immune system would make the psoriasis worse? With psoriasis a overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The lmmune system stimulates skin cells to reproduce rapidly producing the scaly plaques on the skin. The injection Humira lowers the lmmune system and that has worked for me. ☺

To take part, sign in or register with us