Otezla

Posted Fri 21 Sep 2018 21.17 by Jenny Gray

I want to share my experience of Otezla. I started this treatment in October 2017 after reading about it. My Dermatologist agreed to prescribe this for me after warning me of some severe side effects. You have to start with a very low dose of 10mg daily, and gradually build up to 30mg twice a day. Once I reached the optimum dose I did suffer from headaches and very severe sinus congestion. This eased after about 2 months, but I decided to reduce the dose by half. I.e. only taking one 30mg tablet at night. My skin has responded very slowly, but I am pleased to report that currently I only have some very small lesions on my legs which I can cover with make up if I need to. I want to tell anyone who try Otezla to stick with it. Once your body gets used to it the side effects will settle down. My Dermatologist is happy for me to continue this treatment even though I know it is expensive. I live in Spain and do not have to pay for the treatment myself.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 09.40 by leejacks

Good to here that it works. I only got to day 6 before the side effects, diahorrea, nausea and headaches got too much. Hopefully going to give it another go when I next see my dermatologist. Maybe do the half dose like yourself as it was the daytime does that seemed to make me the illest. Good luck and hope and hope it clears the rest of the psorasis

Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 10.53 by Jenny Gray

I know the early days are very bad. Although I never had the nausea or diarrhoea. This is why I wanted to urge people to persevere with it. I agree you should leave off the daytime dose. It has taken me almost a year to be almost lesion free, but my skin is still improving. I preferred the Humira, but because I had a carcinoma on my arm, my Dermatologist will not let me have the Humira now. Good luck with your own battle with this horrible disease. x

To take part, sign in or register with us