Genital Inverse Flexural - Anus and Penis

Posted Tue 2 Oct 2018 19.57 by greg2018

Hi all First post on here so be kind. A bit over a year ago I developed a red itchy anus and after a range of diagnoses creams and potions, they’ve settled on genital Psoriasis. The red shiny area has slowly grown and for the past two months the glans of my penis is also effected. Needless to say, it’s not much fun. I’ve been using a handheld bidet to minimise wiping and the current prescribed regime is to use Epaderm ointment instead of shower gel and apply Dermavate ointment once a week and Silkis daily. I’ve added probiotics and the recommended supplements to my diet too. It’s gradually getting worse however and the NHS seem at a loss, I’ve had maybe 15 prescriptions now. I’m all ears for advice. Especially on dealing with ointment and clothes. It’s ruined a load of trousers and pants with grease stains! Any tips there are welcome! There’s so much information out there, if anyone can point me in the direction of a good article or blog on genital Psoriasis is really appreciate it. Thanks so much G

Posted Sat 23 Feb 2019 03.00 by KingKong911 (edited Sat 23 Feb 2019 03.02 by KingKong911)

Hey, late reply.. you have probably scourged through various posts and tried to find an answer to your problem. you have probably tried all the different creams (steroid cortisone based etc) and have had no luck. I will tell you what has worked for me, hopefully it will for you. I have tried everything at once so cannot pin point what the main cure was. I have been free of the issue for 2 months now since beginning. 1. No alcohol, my main drink was beer everyday (still drink coffee and milk dairy) 2. Have a large cupfull of blueberries with greek yoghurt everynight. (the blueberries have been said to help skin conditions and the yoghurt has a healthy dose of probiotics. 3. Clean yourself properly with either babywipes or shower after using the toilet. Don't go overkill i mean just make sure theirs not shit anywhere... 4. Lower your daily stress, When you have high stress this will raise your cortisone and impair your immune system. this can be tackled anyway you see fit. I personally have began meditating and going to the gym 3 days a week. 5. Lower your carbohydrate intake in your diet. Carbs are essentially sugars. I don't wan't to go into too much detail, just try to eat more real whole foods and less processed. If you need a little more guidance look into Paleo eating. (marksdailyapple.com). I believe a high processed sugar diet can make ANY autoimmune disease worse. 6. Buy some jojoba oil and apply that after a shower every morning or night, suit it to your routine. I've tried all these different cream... the natural jojoba oil just seems to work best. 7. Make sure you are getting adequate OMEGA 3 in your diet (try to just eat real fish such as salmon or tuna 3 times a week). Have magnesium every night it helps with an array of bio molecular functions throughout your body. Make sure you are getting adequate Vitamin D from real sunlight. If i had to say what helped the most I would say no alcohol and eating blueberries and yoghurt. These two things alone seemed to fix it the issue the most. The blueberries seems like the magic fix... not sure if it is placebo though. good luck, don't give up.

To take part, sign in or register with us