Shaving head for scalp psoriasis

Posted Sun 14 Oct 2018 19.08 by Palmergirl42

I have a lot of very thick and curly hair which has drastically worsened my scalp psoriasis as it makes it more difficult to treat and also heats up my scalp making it worse. I have been considering shaving my head to deal with this issue, but am worried about how it might look or if it will even help. I have already had an undercut done to help the back of my scalp and it seems to have helped. Has anyone done this? Did it help?

Posted Sun 14 Oct 2018 20.05 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Personally I would not shave, or recommend it. Why not try a very short cut first - eg #1 or#2 ? Shaving could possibly irritate your current psoriasis. If the cut does not help, you could still shave after that.

Posted Sun 14 Oct 2018 20.06 by Palmergirl42

Thank you

Posted Sun 14 Oct 2018 21.18 by John
I have suffered with it for nearly forty years.

I have 2 uvb handheld devices with a comb attachments connected for the scalp both unused. Further details available. Best regards John

Posted Sun 13 Jan 2019 22.52 by Sab (edited Sun 13 Jan 2019 22.53 by Sab)

I wouldn't shave it as the scalp will have marks from the psoriasis. My son had a skin fade & his scalp looked bad. Now he just has it very short which is better. He also has thick & curly hair. Tip use loads of black caster oil all over hair & wrap with cling film for a few hrs or longer. wash with water only (this is after shampooing first & then apply oil). i also heard hemp oil shampoo is good so buying it tomorrow. fingers crossed it works

To take part, sign in or register with us