How long did it take for you to notice a difference while using Calcipotriol?

Posted Mon 15 Oct 2018 14.30 by PsorryNotSorry (edited Mon 15 Oct 2018 14.31 by PsorryNotSorry)

A few months ago I was diagnosed with genital psoriasis after having scalp and nail psoriasis for a few years before hand. I used Dovobet for a couple of weeks and even though down there became quite irritated, the original psoriasis patch cleared up very quickly, within a day I saw improvement which would have been because of the steroid. I have just started Calcipotriol on my genital patches now. I used the scalp solution of it for years but tbh, didn't notice much difference and any difference took weeks. My hair probably got in the way and slowed it down since it was harder to apply the treatment but I know in general, no treatment will be very quick acting for psoriasis if it doesn't have steroids in it. I'm just wondering how long it took for you to see an improvement with this medicine when used on your body instead of scalp? I have noticed it stings a little after applying. My scalp version was the same sometimes.

To take part, sign in or register with us