Guttate ‘treatments’ worked for me

Posted Tue 30 Oct 2018 10.44 by DW

After going for light therapy followed by coal tar treatments in my early 20 s ( worked for me but waiting list etc). I want to share the remedies I tried for my guttate psoriasis which appears every 2-3 years. I started applying skin foundation over the effected areas (Rimmel lasting finish costs about £8-99 ). Tbh I only started doing it as I wanted to wear skirts, dresses and t shirts without feeling embarrassed ( worked a treat) I was not that careful about removing it either but I did moisturise with aqueous cream before reapplying every day and after about 2 weeks - significant improvement esp combining it with exfoliating with a towel after showers, moisturising aqueous and again reapplying foundation ( even to go to bed). In the short term the coverage of psoriasis made me feel more confident and in the longer term -I’m clear now. Worth a try if you’re willing may not work for everyone but it did for me. For the stubborn psoriasis that I always have on my elbows and knees I exfoliate after shower and apply the new farm baby moisturiser which I bought from Asda and boots - worked for me.

To take part, sign in or register with us