Yakult to help psoriasis

Posted Thu 1 Nov 2018 12.26 by Salty Backpack

Hi Guys, I have across articles saying Yakult may help. I have started this today and hoping to check in with monthly reports however im wondering if anyone else is already taking this and seen any benefit?

Posted Tue 27 Nov 2018 05.12 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Tue 27 Nov 2018 22.13 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Yakult contains sugar, AND glucose-fructose syrup, AND maltodextrin . . . . . . .not exactly a particularly natural product should someone be wanting to restrict certain processed items from their diet.

Posted Tue 27 Nov 2018 08.10 by Salty Backpack

Hi Guys, I have been taking it for 27 days and i have seen an improvement in my skin all over BUT i have also made a lot of other changes so i cannot say if this is a factor in my improvement. Some of the other changes are: - removing red meat, tomato and potato - taking saffron tea at night. - taking warm lemon water in morning - increasing overall fruit intake, especially blueberries. - acupuncture once a week...I truly believe this works as one stubborn spot has not changed with diet until the lady treated this spot which is now practically gone.

Posted Wed 28 Nov 2018 12.43 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 28 Nov 2018 13.21 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Hi Wendy: my comment on yakult was not directed towards yourself, but a general reminder that some probiotic drinks and yoghurts etc can contain significant amounts of sugar. I am aware that some people (perhaps many people) modifying their diets to try and combat psoriasis are trying to cut down on sugar. Actimel is another popular brand with a significant sugar content (both it and yakult taste quite sweet so it should not really be a surprise to people).

To take part, sign in or register with us