Coping with crust

Posted Mon 12 Nov 2018 01.37 by Hycarumba

Across my hairline,on top of my head, behind my ears, inside ears, most embarrassing though never publicly viewed, top of butt crack, and arthritis linked,only wrist, fingers, knees, ankles and back though, I'm really struggling because I'm what's called a freaky eater and fear I may have to starve for it to clear,, basically if I give up dairy products I won't be eating and can't eat anything else, I'm at my wits end, I've used dovobet currently betacap,help :(

Posted Mon 12 Nov 2018 07.06 by victoria

Hi there Regarding bottom crack please get some baby bottom butter from Waitrose it is amazing couple of days after bath dry well put a small dab on gently rub in and put a pad on. As for the rest G.P should be helping you. Please try that butter around £3 it's amazing . Bless you Victoria

Posted Mon 12 Nov 2018 14.18 by Hycarumba

Only shampoo I can use that doesn't feel like my head is on fire is Johnson's baby shampoo, I'm going to try the butter, I've used coconut oil didn't work, thanks, it's like each patch requires different method, thanks again

Posted Mon 12 Nov 2018 17.21 by victoria

Bless you yes I use Johnson's baby shampoo Aldi do one haven't tried there s as yet so can't comment. The baby butter apparently is used as a face moisturiser. Over last week I have been using camamine lotion on my scalp plus the cream seems ok but slow process so can not comment on that as yet but it does scab up apparently it's the zinc in it that kills bacteria. Trouble is I do scratch it camamine has stopped the scratching. Now the central heating artificial heating on no good for any one but got no choice unless we want to freeze . Please get the butter and let me know how you get on. God bless you Victoria

Posted Mon 12 Nov 2018 20.08 by Hycarumba

As soon as I can,,thank you again Victoria

Posted Tue 13 Nov 2018 02.36 by Hycarumba

I'm feeling a bit of a fraud having read more tails of woe concerning this dreaded psoriosis ,it seems a lot are much worse than mine, however I want to try and make sure mine doesn't get as bad as others, I suppose it's all relative, the joint pain and scalp is by far having the most impact on my life, I've read each joint flare up is deteriorating the joint, is this true?i work with my hands (when I can work) and can't imagine life with permanent damage, prevention better than cure, blueberries sound good option, I'm trying them plus butter

Posted Wed 14 Nov 2018 21.56 by Sarah.c

Re scalp psoriasis I have been using Kerastase Specifique Bain Riche Dermo-Calm shampoo as recommended by my hairdresser (who also suffers with psoriasis) for a couple of years. It has worked wonders for me, I no longer itch all the time and can wear black again without fear of flakes. It's a little more expensive than normal shampoo but worth it for me.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 2018 04.01 by victoria

Hi Sarah Thank you so much will get some the other shampoos with coal tar in irritate my scalp bad leave it worse. Victoria

Posted Thu 15 Nov 2018 11.47 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Fri 16 Nov 2018 08.33 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

The best shampoo I found to stop the itching without being at all drying and brutal, is called Alphacade PSO. It is manufactured in France. I was able to buy from amazon UK, but prices vary a lot, shop around on the internet. I found it first when a friend in Ukraine bought it on the advice of a pharmacist in Ukraine, and sent me 2 bottles. Best repeat prices (and reasonable) I found were from a French company website, but it is in English and delivers very quickly to the UK: www.cocooncentre.uk (I ordered originally from their French site, but for my next order I found they had a .co.uk site).

Posted Thu 15 Nov 2018 17.26 by victoria

Thank you so much ho no not you again😂🤣😉 Victoria

Posted Thu 15 Nov 2018 18.24 by Hycarumba

Thank you very much all,theres a couple of things to research for me to use,, anything perfumed sets my head on fire as does coal tar ,I'll keep posting results with fingers crossed, the red patches are creeping down my forehead 😢🤕,thanks again, I'm so glad I don't suffer in silence and joined this site, I felt the only one in the world and unless freinds suffer they just don't understand ,knowing I'm not alone helps, thanks again all

Posted Fri 16 Nov 2018 23.34 by D1974

All the above suggestions have obviously worked for others which is great, I choose natural skincare products and a brand called Weleda has some fab ones that I have used to help my psoriasis when it flares up. The Calendula shampoo and bodywash has no nasties in it, you can find it in Boots or online. I hope that helps.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 2018 03.36 by Hycarumba

I hope someone can help with this question,im a picker, right on top of my head I picked dry lumps off my scalp, it's weeping I thought it may be blood, it's totally clear liquid, what is it?

Posted Sat 17 Nov 2018 05.52 by victoria

Hycarumba Good day you have infected it and need antibiotics to clear it up. I was because of stress but had to stop. So I used camamine lotion for first week then went on the camamine cream. Doctor has now given me Fexofenadine piriton tablets anti itching from inside, they knock me out with suits me take one of an evening. Now it's all dried up I DO NOT TOUCH THEM just mixed bit of tea tree oil with olive oil dabbed on them leave on for couple of hours then wash with baby shampoo and leave alone scrating causes infection so NO CLAWING PLEASE I know it's hard but please like me stop Victoria sed G P for piriton above as soon as you can start by camamine you can get some today being Sturday it has zinc in it which kills bacteria

Posted Sat 17 Nov 2018 06.27 by victoria

& by the way change pillow case every day. To be in safe side. I just wish some one would invent a miracle shall I or something to cure us all awful. I pray ever night for you all to stop the suffering could break my heart for the suffering that goes on this site, could not believe what I was reading it beggars belief god bless all Victoria

Posted Sun 18 Nov 2018 14.05 by angela r
4 years

As far as I'm concerned the three things which cause the most itching/lesions on my body and scalp are soap, perfume and hair spray. I try to not use shampoo with sodium laurel sulphate (SLS) in as that is just more soap bulking agent. My new therapy bar I use for body and head consists of coconut oil, neem oil and aloe vera. I discovered it in Kenya last year and buy it in bulk to use and sell whilst supporting a small community project there. I think I have to tackle what I'm putting inside my body though and currently reading a book by Dr John Pagano - hHealing Psoriasis.

Posted Sun 18 Nov 2018 21.22 by Becky0102
Hi im 22 years old, Ive had psoriasis since I can remember and recently been diagnosed with PA.

Hi I use tgel it stinks and not really a long term solution as it can dry your hair out but I use it every 6 months and it does the trick. I've started to use vito coco coconut oil it's £1 currently in Holland and Barrett I load myself in it before bed, it doesn't remove it but it's not so thick and red anymore.

To take part, sign in or register with us