Psoriasis misdiagnosed after 3 years

Posted Wed 14 Nov 2018 18.36 by Madeira Robert

Hi Everyone on here, I'm new but this forum is excellent! I need to share my Psoriasis experience. Yesterday I visited my Doctor after a serious and very very strong flare erupted on my groin over the weekend, I was diagnosed 3 years ago with Psoriasis, on my hands, groin and top of foot. I need to give a brief explanation of the circumstances, I live in Madeira, I'm 47, I suffer stress through work and own a growing business, altought the weather helps the stress does not, also Portuguese into English is not a direct simple translation, despite speaking Portuguese well. So for three years I have suffered Psoriasis, started on my hands and spread slowly, despite the creams and lotions and the treatment, it just was always the same level or worse, never ever better. So 14 days ago I saw the doctor, my dermotoligist with 35 years of experience, a lovely lady, I was prescribed a new medicine by her, enstilar, and the same day cream, started using and all was ok and the normal tough life this medicine gives us. 10 days later and in my groin I suffered a mega eruption, total and huge eruption, I went to the hospital doctor walking sideways, I was seen and immediately the elderly doctor just said, you have fungus, a severe case. So on top of Psoriasis I now have fungus that's living in my body, great right? I took the prescription for the treatment and the horrific pain I felt after a day started to subside. The next day I saw my dermatologist who incidently said over the phone to me the same morning, that is not going to be fungus! Well surprise surprise, later in her office the dermotoligist said this enormous reaction which you have had has finally allowed the Fungus to reveal itself, the doctor freely admitted she misdiagnosed me 3 years ago and she never had this happen before in recent times, Psoriasis that seemed so obvious that was not. Today I started heavy and internal antifungus treatment, I have stopped all Psoriasis treatment, I will update the forum when I have more to report. I'm writing this to see if I can help anyone else who has been misdiagnosed with Psoriasis when actually they have a serious fungal infection. Perhaps this is you? I can share 3 small signs that you may like to know that were strange, firstly when I was on anti inflamitory drugs in the summer the condition got a little better. Secondly, my psoriasis started on my fingertips and was aggressive. Third, I had a toe nail infection for several years. These small facts might help somebody to think about these conditions in their own case. All the very best to all. Robert

Posted Wed 14 Nov 2018 21.39 by Madeira Robert

Hi Wendy, Thank you for your reply, you have been through the wars, it's sad to read. I hope my post might help somebody. All the very best Robert

To take part, sign in or register with us