Every day is a struggle

Posted Sat 17 Nov 2018 11.04 by Weejuju
Hello there, my partner Stuart 39 has psoriatic arthritis. He was eventually diagnosed in 2016

My partner Stuart 39 has psoriatic arthritis. He was diagnosed in 2016 after years of attending doctors and hospital appointments. At the point of diagnosis he was struggling to walk or care for himself due to pain and stiffness. Stuart started methotrexate September 2016 and weekly physiotherapist sessions. The progress was amazing, he was looking healthy and life was beginning to look positive until Aug 2017 when he began experiencing excruciating pain in his ankle. We went to the doctor, had 3 X-rays and Stuart was told they couldn't find nothing wrong and was basically fobbed off like some kind of hypercondrac. Stuart was exasperated, he felt low and his quality of life detiriated once again. After his January rheumatology appointment was cancelled we both gave up hope as everyday he was getting worse and his ankle became severely deformed. Eventually after seeing his rheumatologist in July he was immediately referred to orthopaedics. Now 4 months later it's been confirmed stuart has suffered avascular narcosis. The bone in his ankle is dead and completely clapsed. He can't walk or look after himself and we now face up to 5 months wait for surgery. We try to stay positive but it's getting harder

Posted Sat 17 Nov 2018 13.46 by victoria

God bless you both yes indeed stay positive life is so cruel at times. Every time I read another listing on this site I could break my heart you are both in my prayers as you all are Victoria

Posted Sat 17 Nov 2018 22.17 by Weejuju
Hello there, my partner Stuart 39 has psoriatic arthritis. He was eventually diagnosed in 2016

Thank you Victoria. Yeah I'm determined to stay positive for Stuart's benefit. Fingers crossed his quality of life improves after the surgery

Posted Sun 18 Nov 2018 05.48 by victoria

Indeed no one should be suffering like this, fingers crossed for him let us all know how Stuart gets on god bless him. Victoria

1 Posted Sun 18 Nov 2018 15.46 by Ruby-wood

Wishing you and your family the best.. Hope all goes well with the surgery and for a speedy recovery!

To take part, sign in or register with us