So itchy!!!

Posted Mon 26 Nov 2018 23.21 by Beebee (edited Mon 26 Nov 2018 23.23 by Beebee)

Hi! I have psoriasis on my scalp/neck thighs and a patch on my arm. They are all so so itchy often with flakes of skin coming off or the area weeping. I know it's really bad and I shouldn't but I can't help it. Also once I start I can't stop. Has anyone got any suggestions of how to not itch?!

Posted Tue 27 Nov 2018 05.13 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 1 Dec 2018 16.57 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

BeeBee: Do you have any topical treatment from your Doctor? In addition to what I was prescribed I took an evening bath with Oilatum bath oil added to the water. That suppressed the itching and I was able to get to sleep. At any other times and during the day I applied Diprobase Dayleve Gel as often as needed.

Posted Wed 28 Nov 2018 14.21 by Ali

Hello, I'm finding that if the skin is very dry it will itch like crazy. so I put coconut oil all over and wrap cling film over it to keep it moist. Sometimes this is all it needs - but often I then need to scratch off all the dead skin and reapply the oil. It is the most natural moisturizer that has helped. I've had almost 100% cover on my lower legs for 5 years now so just put up wit it.

To take part, sign in or register with us