Bit confused about my prescription

Posted Thu 6 Dec 2018 15.03 by tartanpaint

Hi all, I saw a dermatologist the other day and she told me what to do, but I have got my prescription today and am a little unsure. The 4 things I got are: Hydrocortisone Cream 1% Dermal Doublebase Gel Dermol 500 Lotion Enstillar Cutaneous Foam The worse part of skin is on my chest, arm, and leg, a few small areas on each. But I also suffer from dry skin on face etc, she told me to use one for the body areas but not the face for one of them. I presume the Dermol 500 Lotion is to be used as a soap in the shower as she mentioned that, and I think the Deraml Doublebase Gel is just to be used at anytime of day if skin is feeling dry. It's the other two I am confused about, what one is safe for my face, and what one is for the body areas. Thanks, and any tips on how to use these much appreciated, like for example what order to use, do I need to wash hands etc after using any.

Posted Thu 6 Dec 2018 18.02 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Have you tried telephoning the dermatologist to clarify? Have you tried asking the pharmacist who issued the prescribed items?

Posted Thu 6 Dec 2018 19.20 by tartanpaint

No I have not tried to call the dermatologist, as thought they would be too busy. But you gave me good idea to call pharmacist tomorrow, thanks :)

To take part, sign in or register with us