Ciclosporin

Posted Fri 21 Dec 2018 21.33 by Welshsha (edited Sat 22 Dec 2018 19.29 by Welshsha)

Evening all, My skin is suffering from a major flare up, I have psoriasis on my legs arms back tummy and hands and feet. Never had p on my hands and i am so concious of it. The psoriasis got worse when I was admitted in hosptial in April with gall stones , and was diagnosed with inflammation of the stomach, had jaundice and had mri scan and they have found two cysts on my liver and a tumour on my adrenal gland(which is not cancerous) but am.under going test to check it's not active. Eventually had my gall bladder and stones removed in July, but had complications a week after surgery, I had heamatoma infection which erupted and had surgery to drain and remove infected area, leaving me with open wound for 9 weeks and it was only three weeks ago the final scab disappeared. I'm at my wits end as coal take doesn't work any more, doctor prescribed enstilar spray, zero base and not bloody improving. I went to see derm last week had a melt down and been prescribed Ciclosporin, was unsure whether to start it as of side effects but this week started taking tablets I'm not expecting a quick fix but any idea when I would notice any improvement ,I need something something to ease my mind. So sorry for the saga story but I have had enuf.

Posted Sat 22 Dec 2018 00.55 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

Hi Welshsha, I am not a fan of ciclosporin, having taken it on three occasions in my life, gradually it lost its efficacy anyway. If you are only taking it for psoriasis then I suggest that you immediately stop using it and add blueberries to your diet instead. I have done exactly this and have now been clear for more than 2 years. Previously I was a mess, covered in psoriasis, bleeding and miserable, now I am a new man. My forum on the subject has had many positive results, with more than 20 people reporting benefit. Eat 15 to 20 a day for a month, as bought from the supermarket, you should see benefit by then. Don't mix this with taking ciclosporin at the same time. I guess this sounds too easy when it is first explained, it has been nothing short of a miracle for myself and some others. Good luck, Phil

Posted Sat 22 Dec 2018 19.27 by Welshsha (edited Sat 22 Dec 2018 22.05 by Welshsha)

Thank you for reply Wendy and Phil very much appreciate it. I had tried Methotrexate , orally and injection but it made me so Ill, I felt I was hit by a bus each time I injected myself. Also had tried Acitretin which raised my liver count so high I had to stop. Coal tar was my best friend worked a treat. Now its stopped. alphosyl was the best cream.i have ever used worked wonders and then it was discontinued I have not taken my second dose of Ciclosporin tonight. Going to go try the blue berry theory . Had some today to try and it's disgusting but willing to try anything other than meds. Have my blueberrie ready for work 😁 I bathe in dead sea salts , lucky my p isn't flaky as I moisturize alot So fingers crossed Phil I get same results as yourself. Have a lovely Christmas both and thanku again Big love Sharon

Posted Sun 30 Dec 2018 19.06 by Welshsha

Hiya Phil I came off Ciclosporin, had only been taking a few days anyway and felt my hands where hot , but after reading your blueberries method. I have been giving this a try. For a week now been taking them, as well as my vitamns and cod liver oil and moisturizing, noticed top of my arms there is a slight improvement but hands are still bad. Blueberries I eat about 20 a day. Had a flare up the other day in work which was disheartening. But I blame the air con I work.. is there anything else u can advise me plz. I do believe my operation is the main reason for my flare up bit that was 5 months ago, but it took 9 weeks for wound to close up. Sick of living in this skin😪😪

Posted Mon 31 Dec 2018 00.02 by Welshsha

Thank you. For reply Wendy. This last year been a.nightmare as at first I didn't know it was gallstones, I thought it was anxiety .. Unfortunately psoriasis is heredity, my. Mother and my siblings have it too. My mother is a celiac so Is living on gluten free diet and still has p. Not just eating blueberries, or.expecting a miracle.to happen straight away but trying something that has been successful for others is worth a try. Dead sea salts moisturing vitamns , vitamn d( on this for life from gp) Had p.since I was 22 and was.clear for a period of time and this gall bladder took it's toll. I am.wary off pumping more chemicals into my.body that may cause more damage, Tried all the creams and like.i said previously alphoysol was the best cream.i ever used and it's discontinued.

Posted Tue 8 Jan 2019 21.32 by Dolly123

I know it's a big step going on cicosporin but I would really have a think before you quit it completely. I've have psoriasis since I was a young teenager, And it completely ruled my life and it still does to this day. Personally I would not give up my medication for blueberries... But that's just my opinion I have came so far I've had light treatment and tried other tablets like skillerance but had an allergic reaction I've now been put on ciclosporin and havnt been taking it for very long an my skin is less red it feels so much smoother when out the bath (my legs actually feel the most normal they have felt In years) and I haven't had anymore new patches come up. I'm not getting my hopes up but so far so good.

Posted Wed 9 Jan 2019 21.08 by Shaun

This treatment is the wonder drug. The treatment slows the white cell reproduction down and you should be clear in around 3 to 4 weeks if you are on the right dosage

Posted Wed 9 Jan 2019 22.45 by Welshsha

Hiya Shaun Thanku for ur reply I am apprehensive about talking this drug, esp with all the side effects, I did take for 5 days and had hot hands and head aches . So came off, I am trying this blue Berry method at the moment, It may work or may not. I take my vitamns and cod liver oil every day and Hoping on some improvement. I am undergoing tests atm and need to know that the tumour they found on my adernal gland is not active, if all clear then I will probably start this medication. After the year I have had Shaun I can't risk any more ill health, Need to change my mind set and be more positive about my skin than getting more stressed and upset of every new patch.

Posted Sat 12 Jan 2019 23.26 by Dolly123

Hiya can anyone tell me how quickly there Psoriasis went completely on ciclosporin? All the bumps and scales have completely gone and all my skin feels so smooth my arms are nearly clear but i do have some red marks where the poarasis has been still left on my legs and hands an feet will theses disappear quite quickly? Thank you

Posted Thu 17 Jan 2019 22.15 by Elaine1

Hiya I have had psoriasis for forty years, l have tried every cream and lotion going. I was hospitalised for coal tar treatment. I have also tried the puva light, ciclosporin and methotrexate. Ciclosporin and methotrexate really helped and l had no side effects but after some time my psoriasis flared up again. Eight years ago l started the injection Humira and now for seven years l have been completely clear. I have regular check ups at the hospital and have had no side effects. I know feel like l have never had psoriasis, no more covering up and covering myself in lotions and creams!! Elaine ☺

Posted Thu 17 Jan 2019 22.57 by Welshsha

Hiya Elaine I seen my derm last week had a complete melt down about the spread of the dreaded p, He understood why I am cautious of talking Ciclosporin at this present time., Once my test results come back about my tumour on my adrenal gland and it's all ok I will start Ciclosporin. Derm has told me.oral meds.or injection is the way forward for me. Derm has put me back on coal tar for the time being and it's been a week and there is a slight improvement . Been using on a daily basis. Trauma has brought on this episode of p all over my body , hopefully it will start calming down. Ain't holding my breath tho

Posted Fri 18 Jan 2019 14.19 by Elaine1

The one drug that does work to completely clear up psoriasis is Humira. I really think all the creams, lotions, tar and medications they offer help soothe the condition but never clear it. I had been under dermatology for years and had never heard of Humira. It was through a tv programme l heard about it. Then after some time and persistent l was given Humira. Unfortunately it all comes down to cost. ☺

Posted Thu 21 Feb 2019 17.41 by Matt1972

hi I have been on cyclosporin or a year now, so may be coming off it soon, as it is a drug you cant stay on for ever due to blood pressure. I agree with shaun who previously posted. it has worked really well. Cleared me up in a month. I was previously covered in p on my back, legs and arms.

Posted Sat 23 Feb 2019 12.58 by joe
50%-ish psoriasis coverage, scalp, elbows, shoulders, back, stomach, calves, toes

Cyclosporin worked to clear my skin completely when I was on it for a period of 8 months, 10 years ago. It also made my joints a lot less painful. It is the only psoriasis treatment that I've used in 30 years that completely cleared the condition. Side effects that I experienced whilst on the course: tingling hands and fingers, nausea, increased sweating, some dizziness at times. It was really great to get clear skin but the side effects I experienced coupled with long term health risks made me to come to the decision to eventually stop and not use this again.

Posted Tue 26 Feb 2019 19.05 by Eve29

Hi does anyone know how long mexothrate takes to leave your body after stopping using it?ive tried to google it and getting different answers.

Posted Tue 5 Mar 2019 19.29 by Welshsha

Since my.first post I have been using coal tar religiousy, and the results have been amazing my legs and back are practically clear and my arms are much better. I am taking vitamns vitamns d omega 3 daily. My skin is the best it has looked in a long time. So glad I didn't take Ciclosporin.

To take part, sign in or register with us