My Psoriasis journey

Posted Sat 5 Jan 2019 08.26 by bazzerd
It started as a small patch on my shin 12 months ago..now covers approx 70% of my body..just started UVB light therapy..I am 54 and never ha

Hi All, I’ve been a member for a couple of years , I’m 58 had the big P only for about 4 and a half years. (never had it before) It started as a red spot on my shin, which slowly spread as plaques to cover most of my legs , None of the usual ointments and creams had any effect and slowly overtook my whole body about 90% of all my skin) so after a referral to my local hospitals derm dept, UVB for 3 months cleared it, plus a nice tan. Anyway 12 months later it came back,..so another UVB session with tablets..which made me sensitive to UVB, as a result I could only take half the UVB session before I burnt, (plus I spent £1495 on a nine tube phillips tubed canopy that I can’t use anymore) The P went away..but only for 4 months !!,and came back with a vengeance (Erythradermic) Hospitalising me for a week, Then the usual treatments, Dovobet, Acetretin, Ciclosporin, Fumaderm, you name it I had it, Methotrexate did the trick for about 18 months, but started to affect my liver and had to stop it. So then I had Otezla which did next to nothing for a few months, until, after a couple of months of blood tests, chest scans and x-rays, I was admitted to Hospital for 2 weeks, for a repeat of all the tests plus a 4 hour in the am and 4 hour in the pm intravaenous antibiotic drip and an MRI scan. A few weeks on from that, now it’s a 2 weekly self injection of Taltz (Izekizumab),of which I have only had 2 so far, and my skin is hugely improved, and improving by the day. Any Questions please ask away. B

Posted Sat 5 Jan 2019 09.36 by victoria

Hi bazzerd I have just read your report my word you have through it, I am only hoping now you get the relief you deserve, mine is scalp through stress both my brother and i are suffering same with family stress awful time for us both. Do hope your present treatment and medication work for you Happy 2019 all Victoria

To take part, sign in or register with us