Omega 3 Vitamins.

Posted Sun 6 Jan 2019 19.00 by Sarah

Hi,has anyone taken Omega 3 vitamins to help with their psoriasis? And do vitamins really work.....

Posted Tue 8 Jan 2019 13.44 by OhNo_NotAgain?

"This is why sunbed treatment is used, as it allows the body to boost its vitamin D production. " - Wendy, I am not sure if you're referring to phototherapy here that uses UVB , but the active mechanism is NOT vitamin D production. The short exposure times used in hospitals would likely be insufficient for any significant change in vitamin D levels.

Posted Wed 9 Jan 2019 00.28 by Jeannette50 (edited Wed 9 Jan 2019 00.29 by Jeannette50)

Wendy, if absorption is a problem you should add magnesium which helps vitamin D absorption.

Posted Wed 9 Jan 2019 07.41 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Wendy: you are confusing PUVA treatment with UVB phototreatment. You should not merely rely upon wikipaedia for your information.

Posted Sun 13 Jan 2019 11.54 by Sarah

Well I’ve started the omega 3 and bought salmon and walnuts and I think I’m going to get some vitamin d too. Hopefully both will help in some way.

Posted Sun 13 Jan 2019 15.49 by Welshsha

Hiya Sarah I have too started taken omega 3 along with vitamn d , also eating blueberries and more veg , Been three weeks and notice g less angry but I have also this last two days been using coal tar. Fingers crossed u will get some good results. 🤞

To take part, sign in or register with us