Dead Sea

Posted Mon 7 Jan 2019 07.21 by Lottie

Hallo and Happy New Year, I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has been to the Dead Sea for treatment/therapy. Did it help? where did you go? any advice welcome and thanks in advance

Posted Thu 10 Jan 2019 09.57 by Nigel

Hi Lottie, I've been to the Dead Sea three times and it’s always been a great experience. I go for between two and three weeks and it generally clears my skin. My psoriasis is quite mild now that I’m in my 40’s but part of that is down to the Dead Sea. It used to be quite bad when I was young. My psoriasis slowly returns when I get back to the UK, but for me, it doesn’t come back as bad as it was before. I always go on the group trips with a company called www.deadseatravel.co.uk. I stay in the David Dead Sea Hotel (formally the Le Meridien) in Israel, but I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has been to the Jordanian side of the Dead Sea. Let me know if you have any more questions. Nigel

Posted Thu 10 Jan 2019 12.25 by Lottie

Thanks so much for the helpful information. Lottie

Posted Sun 13 Jan 2019 16.44 by Elaine (edited Sun 13 Jan 2019 16.45 by Elaine)

Hi Lottie and Nigel, I've also started looking up Dead Sea options as my skin is very bad at the moment. Nigel I have emailed Dead Sea Travel but just wondering if maybe Jordan is safer than Israel at the moment? The idea of group travel is very appealing though- would be a bit wary of going on my own for my first visit. I did a lot of googling yesterday and found a clinic attached to a hotel in Jordan called the Dead Sea Spa Hotel thought it looked good. I would love to get away over Easter and get some relief. Elaine

Posted Sun 13 Jan 2019 21.39 by Lottie

thanks for replying Elaine. I would also prefer going in a group hopefully later this year. If you go at Easter please let us know how you get on!! Lottie

Posted Sun 13 Jan 2019 22.09 by Elaine

Hi Lottie I found this website spadreams.com and have provisionally booked a hotel in Jordan over Easter through them. Haven't paid yet I have 72 hours to decide. Was impulsive so will see how I feel tomorrow. I have also been to Clinica Mirak in Fuerteventura and had good results. It's a lovely place has bungalows which has a bit out the back of each bungalow for completely private sunbathing. Will let you know if I go ahead with the Jordan trip! Elaine

Posted Sun 13 Jan 2019 22.20 by Lottie

Good luck keep us posted Lottie

Posted Sun 24 Feb 2019 21.01 by Elaine

Hi I have booked the Dead Sea Spa Hotel in Jordan for 2 weeks over Easter. Excited but nervous!

To take part, sign in or register with us