PsA treatment after Breast Cancer

Posted Wed 16 Jan 2019 11.40 by Mygel2Jersey

Hi, Long shot, but wondering if anyone on here has had Psoriatic Arthritis treatment after being treated for Breast Cancer. I was diagnosed with PsA 1 month before being diagnosed with breast cancer. I was supposed to start methotrexate for the PsA but it was cancelled once the breast cancer was diagnosed. I went back to the Rheumatologist after treatment was completed but he now says all I can have is NSAID's after my cancer treatment. The ibuprofen retard is doing very little and I'm really struggling with pain and fatigue. Has anyone else had a similar experience and knows of anything else I can try? Thanks Michele x

Posted Sun 10 Mar 2019 09.35 by Sunflower

We had a similar situation when my partner, whose Psoriasis had previously been well controlled on Adalimumab for years (since it was trialled in 2007) developed NonHodkin's Lymphoma in 2016. The Humira was stopped immediately and she had the chemo and maintenance for the Lymphoma which is thankfully in remission. But same as you, Rheumatology didn't want to know. She can't take NSAIDs as she has Microscopic Colitis so it has been a nightmare, and her Psoriasis is now very very active and intense with the usual creams not doing that much and its spreading everywhere. We got her Consultant Haematologist to speak / write to the Cons Rheumatologist and she has an appointment soon to go back on the anti-TNF's. Perhaps ask the Breast Surgeon to do something similar and liaise with your rheumatologist? Or ask the Rheumatologist for a second opinion? I hope you get some resolution - am also hoping the pain and fatigue my partner struggles with, as you do, will reduce when she is back on Anti TNF drugs.

To take part, sign in or register with us