The struggle with Psa

Posted Sun 20 Jan 2019 00.45 by Jayx

I’m sure everyone that suffers from psa has had similar experiences.... I was diagnosed about 2/3 months ago and it’s definitely been a battle to get it. I’m pretty sure that I’ve been suffering from this for about 2 years now. First psoriasis about 3 years ago and then gradual pain in the joints. Over the last month, things are just getting worse. Swollen and painful finger which I have been told is issues with the tendon... yes one random finger!! And the last few days, I’m also having a flare up in my spine... great! I’ve been given etorixib but I’m not sure it’s making any significant difference. I have agreed a treatment plan of DMARDS with my consultant but that’s still to be started (Delays in communication between the NHS and private health). I’m so ridiculously tired all the time and I’ve had certain people making me feel like I’m being daft and shaking their heads at me for moaning like they think I’m being a hypochondriac. I’m definitely having that horrible feeling that no one understands this. I wish they would understand that it’s not just a flakey scalp, swollen finger and sore back. It’s sooooo much more. Does anyone else just feel like screaming sometimes? I’d also like to hear opinions on stress levels and if you think it does cause flares. Has anyone had to make drastic lifestyle changes? Eg. A career change etc

Posted Tue 22 Jan 2019 02.34 by Jeannette50

Stress can affect and likely cause many immune deficiency problems. Try dietary and natural topical treatments. Search 'Blueberries'on this site - very interesting. You need to get your vitamin status checked out (vit D, magnesium, all B vitamins especially B12 and B9, vit C and iron. You really need to research all of this and it is not too hard online. Here is one post I found interesting: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=2138

To take part, sign in or register with us