Enstilar Foam

Posted Mon 21 Jan 2019 23.10 by Lu b Lu

My hubby has suffered from psoriasis for about 15 years,he has used every cream,lotion and potion available and never had clear skin. He recently went back to the gp, and asked was there anything new he could try?, She said nothing new try co-star soap again, he said pointless as it doesn't do any good. After a while she agreed to send him to a dermatologist. He had an appointment within two and the prescribed Enstilar foam. WOW it's amazing within two weeks it's almost completely gone, have never seen it so clear. It may be expensive but surely if it works it has to be cheaper in the long run, can't imagine how much it's cost over the last 15 years using creams that don't work. Really impressed with Enstilar foam.😀😀😀😀

Posted Tue 22 Jan 2019 15.43 by Ali

Yes I had the same fantastic results and was over the moon. But I stopped using it once my skin was clear and it came back again . What worries me most is having to use chemical steroids on my skin forever. Ive had p on and off for over45years the latest bout has been 5years and counting and never as bad as this. I tried the tablets for a few months and although I saw improvement my hair was falling out so I stopped. I know life could be a helluva lot worse so maybe I should just get on with it and stop moaning :)

Posted Tue 22 Jan 2019 18.49 by Jeannette50

Diet and vitamins - natural topical (essential oils ect). Search all the topics in this forum lots of info. Seems to me that orthodox meds is not the solution.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 2019 18.58 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Orthodox coal-tar preparations worked well for me.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 2019 20.23 by Lu b Lu

Hopefully the Enstilar will clear it yhr we can keep it away with moisturisers when you've suffered for a long time trying everything under the sun anything that gets these results gets my vote ,steroid or not each to his own, whatever works I say go for it.😁😁

Posted Wed 23 Jan 2019 09.26 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Enstilar is essentially a foam version of the same active ingredients used in Dovobet. Some doctors seem to prescribe Dovobet for the body, and Enstilar foam for the scalp (as it ie easier to apply if you have a full head of hair). With any topical steroid there is a risk of what is often called < steroid rebound >. If you type that term into a search engine you can read a lot about it if you want to. Dovobet was thought/found to produce less of a rebound effect that a preparation with only a steroid as the single active ingredient. Not everyone experiences a distinct rebound effect (I never have done, for example). Some people have tried reducing the use of the steroid treatment gradually once the condition was under control, and say that helped to avoid a rebound. Often (in UK at least), when you are prescrtibed a steroid based topical treatment, the doctor asks to see you after some time eg 4 weeks, to assess the progress of the treatment. It is a good idea to discuss the possiblity of rebound and any strategies with your doctor (or dermatologist).

To take part, sign in or register with us