Scalp psoriasis

Posted Sat 2 Feb 2019 16.49 by Jeannette50

Tones44 Very pleased for your Daughter :) I really am still wanting to go down the natural route as far as I can (with the agreement of my Doc - he knows my feelings on steroids etc. in fact he has an eczema issue himself so I think he is interested to see what my results are). As I think all these skin issues are the result of complex interactions: immune system/bacteria/fungus - all interlinked in a bestial dance on our bodies! When I come up with anything approaching a good systematic treatment I will post. It will take some time I think and of course it would be just something else for folk to try as everyone IS different. Let us know if your Daughter continues to remain clear as the most important thing for folk here is long term success when so many treatments seem to see a worse outbreak than before once treatment is finished.

Posted Tue 5 Feb 2019 18.38 by RBizzle

I’ve had scalp psoriasis for 15+ years and last year got it under control. My doc gave me etrivex and dandrazol to cycle through weekly. 2 days of etrivex a week and 3 days of dandrazol. The other 2 days I used baby shampoo. This seemed to keep it at bay for a long period of time! The best treatment hands down I’ve ever had for it was Diprosalic scalp ointment. It cleared my whole head up and I had a glorious few months of not having a head like a flapjack! I tried to get more but they are reluctant as it’s a potent steroid. Eumovate cream is also good for the hairline I found to keep it minimal and not so flakey!

Posted Wed 6 Feb 2019 16.14 by victoria

Hi all Still using teangi all weekend and yesterday seems to have dried sores up ok I will keep it up this week and keep you all updated. Just bumped into hairdresser and I told her about my scalp, she said when you wash your hair after using conditioner only half way down and tips of hair when you put it on the scalp it feeds the psoriasis now then so there is a good tip will washing my hair again later Incase I left some on scalp this morning tut tut. When will it all end Victoria

Posted Wed 6 Feb 2019 17.28 by Jeannette50

Hi Victoiria, Wanted to ask how extensive your scalp P is? All over or just section/s of scalp? Also thought it might be useful for folk to see the Teangi ingredients list, looks like a very appropriate list of beneficial ingredients so think it might be worth others trying. : Lanes Health Teangi Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Cream Active Ingredients w/w: Distilled Witch Hazel BPC 40.61%, Eucalyptus Oil BP 1.04%, Methyl Salicylate BP 1.04%, Camphor BP 0.52% Tea Tree Oil BPC 2.50%, Zinc Oxide BP 3.11% Other Ingredients: Chloroxylenol BP, Emulsifying Wax BP, Lanolin BP, Menthol BP, Water, White Beeswax BP, White Soft Paraffin BP

Posted Wed 6 Feb 2019 19.05 by victoria

Hi Jeannette 50 Thank you, so far so good but stop putting conditioner on roots from now on mind you I always rinse it well. I didn't know also simple do shampoo with no nasty chemicals in Wilko stock it for £2 but not the conditioner they do that as well. I rang my local one which 20 miles away 4o mile round trip and they have in stock 500ml for £2 not bad I will try and find who sells it before you go a lot stores stock different things. They may order the conditioner will ask when I go. Now simple products are kind to the skin shower gel soap always found the range good no nasty after feelings after shower . My psoriasis started 2 years ago two small patches . Then comes and goes in various places. The one year I was gardening and in Lincolnshire we have thunder flies from the crops in the fields twice a year tiny and they got in my hair washed them out and could have sworn they bit me. My GP said could have triggered it. That year I had Shingles as well. So for two years I have suffered with it, my brother is a health freak and has brought me oils for it and to drink different vitamins quite a lot of stuff. So I have took myself back to basics nothing from doctors and I do not want to try and drugs it was so bad the one time I had to have antibiots awful and the pain that comes with it wiĺl keep ever one updated the teangi seems to be drying them up fingers crossed Victoria

Posted Thu 7 Feb 2019 02.07 by sian_chippy11

I've had psoriasis cover my whole scalp and patches on body for 7 years, I've tried everything the doctors gave me, creams, onitment, shampoo and tablets but nothing seemed to work. Instead I turned to natural remedies. I've been using mankua honey shampoo for two month and the results already are insane. I also put coconut oil on my scapl and leave it on all night and omg does it sooth. I also use coconut oil on the patches on my body as well as aloe Vera 2/3 a day on my body as it sooth and help my skin heal. This has been the only thing that's work for me. I hope it's help to you and others.

Posted Thu 7 Feb 2019 08.43 by victoria

Hi can you please tell me were you purchase Manuka honey shampoo please Victoria

Posted Thu 7 Feb 2019 09.15 by victoria

Hi all i for got to say now when i work in garden i wear a shower cap to keep critters of my scalp as soon as i come indoors i wash my sclap and hair because the shower cap makes my head pespire, but at least it keeps thunder flys off my scalp Vicoria

Posted Thu 7 Feb 2019 11.53 by sian_chippy11

I get my mankua honey from Holland and barret, you only need a pee size of shampoo to wash your hair. I've had the same shampoo for two months and I haven't even got through half of it yet. Definitely a good buy. Hope this is some help to you.

Posted Thu 7 Feb 2019 15.21 by victoria

Thank you so much will try anything mmm keep you updated as I live in the sticks maybe get some next week. Victoria

Posted Sun 10 Feb 2019 09.00 by victoria

Hi all Just looked at recurs on Amazon teangi has some good reports so far so good nearly a week of using dongles a bit at first but has scabbed over the sores so far so good. But as hairdresser said to me to keep dmcindioner from scalp as it feeds psoriasis. So half way down hair and tips only the scabs that were there seem to be dropping on when washing will keep you all updated brought mine from home bargains £1.99 not every store has it so ring them first. HAPPY Sunday every one Victoria

Posted Mon 11 Feb 2019 11.36 by Emma

On suggestion of a friend who is a hairdresser, I have started using T/Gel (over the counter at eg Boots) and a couple of weeks in it seems to be working - at least for me.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 2019 12.25 by victoria

T/gel is ok but has coal tar in I did try it but had a reaction from coal tar different things work for different folk hope you get on ok with it Victoria

Posted Mon 11 Feb 2019 13.38 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Emma, I found that T/Gel worked well for me (it is also availble from Sainsbury and probably other supermarkets). just be sure to get the correct version - labelled as "Therapeutic". Coal tar is a long established topical treatment for psoriasis and many people find it works very well. I also find that Alphosyl shampoo is quite effective for the scalp and not overly drying for the hair.. Back in the early 80s when I first sufferred from psoriasis I found that Wrights Coal Tar soap helped a lot on my body. Bit these days it does not contain any actual coal tar, only "coal tar fragrance".

Posted Sun 17 Feb 2019 10.36 by victoria

Good morning all just an update from Victoria Good news from surgeon no more throat problems he has signed me off that was a big worry. Any way back to scalp, getting better by the day no conditioner on my scalp for over a week and got some simple shampoo £2 from Wilko used it no stinging on scalp at all, while wet I massaged gentle with finger tips teangi into scalp and this has realy helped to heal my scalp a couple of nasty sores which I treat teangi can be applied up to 4 times a day mind you I have only twice a day. So I am trying to be positive keeping busy inside and outside edge cutting ect: Lanes teangi tea tree & witch Hazel cream is amazing it does heal up scalp psoriasis believe me &at £1.99 from home bargains is a bargain. So keeping conditioner away from scalp has helped no end use only half way and tips of hair not scalp. Because my hair is long curly I was using after washing conditioner to take it after washing with no mouse or gels. Big mistake I was feeding psoriasis without knowing the hair dresser told me. Plus I have been taking one antilisterine tablet at night to stop me scratching called Fexofenadine 120mg. Will keep prosses up for another week and keep you all updated. To keep my wispy bits of hair tidy instead of conditioner if popping out like in week to hospital and shopping I used E45 moisturing lotion which did the trick.i shall keep you all updated Victoria

Posted Sun 17 Feb 2019 11.58 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Victoria, it's good to read that you are finding improvements. Just a note: you have a typo saying at you are taking an "antilisterine" tablet - it is of course an "antihistamine". I also found relief from an antihistamine when my psoriasis was at its most itchy.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 2019 13.58 by victoria

Thank you so much only hoping i get relief now at last well keep it under control, also thank you for my spelling mistakes I was uploading chrome at same time and it took my spell check away for a while excuses excuses :). hope you are in good health enjoy your Sunday lovey day here drying washing outside for a change no beast from the East this year hopefully we had it bad on North East coast last year Victoria

Posted Wed 27 Feb 2019 08.54 by victoria

Good morning everyone Some good news teangi has done my scalp a power of Good, plus kept conditioner off scalp and used only simple shampoo. Touch wood and don't boast it is clearing up as I say for £1.99 from Home Bargains not bad at all I have been using sparing small dabs and massaging into scalp with finger tips only no scratching and still have half a tube left. After washing I put on my scalp while damp then apply up to 3 times a day before bed you only need a small dab. Please let me know if any one else has tried it all the very best to every one thinking of you all in my prayers Victoria

To take part, sign in or register with us