Mild inverse psoriasis in the buttocks

Posted Wed 30 Jan 2019 19.34 by Gus123

Hi, just signed up as I’ve been struggling for a few months now. Had ppp about 15 years ago for about 5 years. Ever since I have mild pp on my knuckles. Not so bad, and I use dovobet with fair success. Or I ignore it. For the last 6 months I’ve had a very uncomfortable bum. I get piles from time to time, and assumed my bum was raw from using creams. However, it’s every day now. Any level of sweating results in a lot of stinging and chafing. It’s making work and social difficult. I saw a dermatologist, but he was quite dismissive, telling me that my physical response to what he was looking at was disproportionate, and i might be better speaking to a neurologist. He said that as I have psoriasis, then it’ll be linked to that. He didn’t mention inverse p, but I’ve found it by googling, and my bum looks very similar to “mild inverse psoriasis “ images. He told me I could use daktacort (although he said there was no sign of a fungal infection), or I could step up to eumovate. I’ve been using 1% hc for a week, but I’m getting no results, plus a damp/warm bum from the cream makes it worse during the day. So, are there any non topical things/miracles to try next? I’m reluctant to go to eumovate, as I don’t want to get on the steroid train for such a sensitive and delicate area. Oh, and I’ll be getting on the blueberries as of tomorrow! Thanks, and sorry for the big intro.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 2019 08.00 by mjrbk1

Hi Gus123, i also get inverse P between buttocks and groin. HC cream can help but likewise when really bad it feels like the cream only makes the area more moist, hence increasing the irritation. I recently tried applying a witch hazel gel (Dr Witch Treatment Gel). Initially it feels like a slight burn but it really soothed the itch and eventually allowed the area to heal and dry up. Hope you find some relief.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 2019 14.22 by Gus123

Hi Mjrbk1, thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. I will certainly try the witch hazel gel, and report back. I’ve seen two dermatologists, and be said I probably had mild inverse P, and the other said it looked like more of an irritation. Either way, I’m in daily agony. The first Dr said it was OK to use eumovate periodically, but the second said I should really try to avoid getting on that train, in case I become dependent. He also said I could try cognitive behaviour therapy, as how I’m “dealing/not dealing” with it is probably making it worse.

To take part, sign in or register with us