Guttate Psoriasis: Gone

Posted Tue 12 Feb 2019 15.03 by macielaine (edited Tue 12 Feb 2019 18.59 by macielaine)

About a year ago I was COVERED in guttate psoriasis, head to toe. As a freshman in college, this was terrifying. Turns out it was caused by a strep infection, and I just couldn't stop getting strep. I got my tonsils out, and I started to clear up within 2 weeks. Now, a year later, I'm pretty much completely clear. I'll answer any questions! STREP AND GUTTATE can be related! For me, getting rid of my spots meant getting rid of the strep infection (for good).

Posted Tue 12 Feb 2019 18.53 by victoria

Hi there what fantastic news for you I don't know what gluttate and strep excuse ignorance means going to look it up now. Guess all the stress of studying was a big factor. If you could say what you have been using towards end would be so grateful God bless Victoria

Posted Tue 12 Feb 2019 19.12 by victoria

Well I am amazed about strep. Mind you after having 3 throat operations on vocal chords. I have not googled anything to do with throats as did not want to frighten myself. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. As I have to see surgeon tomorrow he checks my throat every 6 months now and I will ask the question . Mind you when they put camera down I am sure they would have noticed. Thank you once more Victoria

Posted Tue 12 Feb 2019 19.13 by victoria

Did the strep injections help you ?? Victoria

Posted Tue 12 Feb 2019 19.36 by OhNo_NotAgain?

When my Guttate psoriasis appeared around 12 months ago, the first thing my GP said to me was "you are correct, it is psoriasis. It is Guttate psoriasis". The second thing was "have you had a sore throat or tonsillitis recently?" He then explained how commonly guttate psoriasis is associated with throat infections.

Posted Tue 12 Feb 2019 21.24 by victoria

Thank you so much I will definitely tell my surgeon tomorrow I have looked up strep. I love this site it educates me so much Victoria

Posted Tue 12 Feb 2019 23.20 by Paula

My daughter had tonsillitis had 7 days of penicillin and developed what I thought was a rash,10 days later she is covered in guttate psoriasis,apart from lower arms and legs,it's spreading by the day ,just got the diagnosis and commenced betnovate but so worried ,wondering what else would help it go ?

Posted Thu 25 Apr 2019 13.02 by MKA

Hi I developed GP about 3/4 weeks ago out of no where! Last year I had shingles don’t know if it’s linked to that and just before I had an Injury on my foot don’t know if it’s linked to that either! What did you GP look like when it was going ? Thanks

Posted Tue 30 Apr 2019 09.45 by Clara

not sure if this is relevant, but I have guttaste psorasis from 7yrs in scalp and then it went over body at 12/13 teens, but recovered well with two weeks intensive strongcream treatment in hospital, never going away in scalp really till chemo which made go away completely but 3yrs on from chemo treatment came back in elbows, knee and scalp again, was nice to have a year or so of a clear scalp.

Posted Tue 30 Apr 2019 10.02 by MKA

Thanks Clara Did it just disappear or fade slowly then disappear ?

To take part, sign in or register with us