Psoriasis and Mental Health

Posted Wed 20 Feb 2019 22.54 by Nat C

I’ve had psoriasis for the past 5 years all over my body but recently it’s gotten a lot worse. I’ve also recently been diagnosed with depression and anxiety which is really having a negative effect on me. I’m currently at uni and everything is stressing me out which causes my psoriasis to flare making me even more self conscious and depressed. I don’t know how to break the cycle.

Posted Fri 22 Feb 2019 21.13 by Shazz

Have you thought about what happened 5 years ago? I believe mine was brought about because I had a difficult manager. Then diagnosed with anxiety and psoriasris. I think it is a constant cycle. Stressed , anxious, then psoriasris flares. Have you seen a dermatologist? If not, ask your doctor to refer you. Wish you well

Posted Sun 21 Apr 2019 19.48 by Idy
Phototherapy, methotrexate, ciclosporin and stelara afficionado

Hi Nat C. I have the same combination of ailments. Are you receiving any support from professionals?

Posted Fri 3 May 2019 22.27 by deanroden

i have has psoriasis since i was 15. its on my elbows knees scalp and lower parts of my legs. hands and bits on my feet. on ocassions my legs are sore even after treatment. i have used dovobet, dovonext polytar for head coal tar and moistorising cream with no evail. i need to go back to the doctors for next steps.

Posted Sat 4 May 2019 03.10 by wendyloish

I though I would post a quick note on this stream about depression and meditation, which may be a help. I am doing this as the stream here seems to have gotten away from depression and towards treatments for psoriasis, not something that will really help with the mood problem. My post on the forum was a response. The stream is entitled "My thoughts are spiralling out of control..." I have also posted on depression and meditation on other streams. wendyloish

To take part, sign in or register with us