Is this the end of the treatment road?!

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2019 13.13 by MissJudged

So, I’ve had ‘guttate’ spriosis since I was 13 (I’m now 29). Cyclosporine didn’t work. Methotrexate didn’t work. Light therapy didn’t work. Enstillar hasn’t helped. Dovobet, dovonex, coal tar, steroids etc haven’t helped. My ps is really cyclical and comes and goes, when it comes it’s horrific and covers 70% ish of my body with small angry red scaly patches. Yet my derm says I don’t qualify for biological treatment as even though it covered a large amount of my body, the patches aren’t plaques because they’re small. Please does anyone have any ideas on any other treatments I could ask for?

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2019 13.47 by scouternorm

Good day from Canada. I am sorry to hear about your problems with guttate spriosis. My psoriasis seems minor compared to you. I had very heavy plaque on my feet & my hands had numerous cuts, and my nails had pretty well died. I started using CBD oil on my plaque psoriasis about 1-1/2 years ago. As of today, most of my psoriasis has cleared up. There are some pictures here: http://www.normtoogood.ca/psoriasis.htm I know that CBD oil is available in the UK, if it contains hardly any THC. If you can obtain some, try it on a small area. Good luck!

Posted Tue 19 Mar 2019 18.10 by psoriasis123

Oh my god, I feel horrible for you, but I'm sure you dont want my pity as I would not in your situation. I think that for me nothing worked for years, and I left it a little and used estilar for around 4 weeks every day, and that has cleared away my psoriasis for like 3 months now its starting to come back. But I'd retry estilar. I have quite a lot of guttate psoriasis aswell its the worse by far, I kind of wish I had big patches

Posted Wed 18 Sep 2019 08.55 by OhNo_NotAgain?

No salt and 5 litres of water a day sounds potentially dangerous.

Posted Fri 20 Sep 2019 10.18 by wendyloish

Hi MissJudged, As you say your psoriasis comes and goes, have you ever though about keeping a diary of both your activities and your food consumption to see if there is a pattern to your outbreaks? If you can find a correlation between, say a certain food and an outbreak, you may be able to get some relief by avoiding the trigger. I the problem is in your diet, there is a process laid down by the FODMAP people , Monash University, where you eliminate what is most likely your trigger or triggers and then reintroduce foods one by one. wendyloish

Posted Fri 20 Sep 2019 10.25 by MissJudged

I have monitored diet. Makes no difference sadly. Krish, that amount of water and no salt is dangerous and could cause significant renal implications, please refrain from issuing unsafe advice unless you are medically qualified to do so and have adequate research to ensure safety. I’ve found significant hormonal links, but there’s not a lot I can do about this! I’m now waiting to find out if I can start on hyriomoz (sp?) biological treatment. My derm was Not willing, but the derm nurse thought it was unfair to prevent treatment after I had provided them a whole dates photo album of my flare ups. Let’s hope this helps!

To take part, sign in or register with us