Acitretin

Posted Mon 18 Mar 2019 19.31 by Sylvie

Has anyone had Acitretin tablets. I have just been put on these one 10ml tablet per day. I have had phototherapy, lotions and creams nothing seems to work. Thanks.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 2019 22.03 by Gwil
40 year old Bricklayer/builder suffering with PPP on palms of both hands looking for treatment that will reduce flareups & pain

I was on them for a year to treat Palmoplantar pustulosis on the palm of my hands, they did little to nothing to treat my condition, while taking them You have to cover up from UV which was a task as I’m a builder. My skin was peeling to which I would constantly itch & also suffered some hair loss. Acitretin wasn’t for me & I was then put on ciclosporin for several months and now I’m on methotrexate. Ciclosporin worked best in reducing flare ups however after a few months I felt unwell on them. Hope they work for you

Posted Wed 20 Mar 2019 13.04 by Sylvie

Thanks. Could u still use steroid creams with the tablet?

Posted Wed 20 Mar 2019 20.17 by Gwil
40 year old Bricklayer/builder suffering with PPP on palms of both hands looking for treatment that will reduce flareups & pain

Yes, I did once a day mostly bed times wrapped with cotton gloves, but I suggest a safe bet that you confirm that with your dermatologist/Doctor first. Moisturise often too, Cetroben is good for that.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 2019 10.38 by Sylvie

I will check thank you. I do moisturise regular. I have Dermo 500 which seems ok. They gave me QV but not so good. As for staying out of the sun I am on holiday end of May for 2 weeks which does my skin the world of good, so will have to knock the tablets on the head for few weeks. Thanks Gwil

Posted Fri 22 Mar 2019 10.18 by Dulcie

Works really well for me. Have tried cyclosporin and methotrexate (which had a really bad impact on me), but acitretin works for me

To take part, sign in or register with us