Stelara: body clock and sleep pattern

Posted Sat 20 Apr 2019 11.04 by Idy
Phototherapy, methotrexate, ciclosporin and stelara afficionado

I started taking Stelara (45mg) in April 2018 and I'm very lucky to now be free from psoriasis. Since October 2018, I've felt that my body clock has changed. I wake up at around 4am and find it difficult to get back to sleep. The resulting 5 to 6 hours sleep leaves me physically and mentally tired throughout the day. I also often have headaches and body aches in the morning. The gap between starting Stelara and the start of this issue is clearly a few months, so there might not be a link. However, as Stelara typically starts having positive effects after a few months, perhaps this could also be the case with side effects. Has anyone else experienced changes to their body clock and sleep patterns?

Posted Sun 21 Apr 2019 09.26 by Loops

Hi Idy i started taking Stelara in Sept 2018. I have always had rubbish sleep and found having the radio on quietly at night tuned to a talk station helps. I haven't noticed it getting any worse with Stelara. I was advised by my nurse that I may get more headaches with the treatment, which I do, but they are not bad enough to consider pain killers. Fatigue is also a side affect of P and PsA. I am now 95% clear and for me Stelara has been a game changer, I have just bought a pair of shorts and a swinning costume. for the first time in 20 years!

To take part, sign in or register with us