UV Treatment

Posted Wed 1 May 2019 11.44 by hannahmo
18 years old and I've had psoriasis since i was 14 :)

Hi Guys, I was just wondering how UV treatment is helping people with their psoriasis? I first had UV treatment when i was 15, and have again started treatment, now being 19. I am on my second lot of treatment and was wondering how long it's taken you to see results?

Posted Sat 11 May 2019 14.08 by andrew1977

I’ve had 8 sessions of UV in the past month & it’s only now having a little impact. The first session was something like 15 seconds & the most recent was around a minute. The nurses say you only see changes once you’re getting more than a minutes worth. So I’m hoping to see thing improve in the next couple of weeks.

Posted Tue 14 May 2019 16.07 by Sarah

Hi,so I finished 16 sessions of the UV Treatment about 5 weeks ago,Very Good Treatment when I wasn’t getting burnt! All the scales disappeared and my skin was so smooth and great but the last week I’ve notice patches coming back! Especially where I had it bad. I get it all over my body.Im so disappointment but hopefully both of you will get great results as everyone’s skin is different. Don’t give up with it as when you start to see improvement it feels great. Good luck! ☺️

Posted Sat 15 Jun 2019 15.00 by psoriasis123

It went great for me, gave me 3 months of relative scale free, it takes at least half of the treatment to see any difference I found and the dermatologists suggested that. Its worth it

Posted Mon 24 Jun 2019 23.25 by Shirl67

Hi guys, I’ve been having uv treatment for years, the best one being UVA you have to take tablets 2 hours before your treatment as they absorb the light and you don’t need as many treatments. I’ve also had the UVB but that doesn’t work as well on me and my psoriasis comes back within a couple of weeks. Good luck. Shirl.👍🏻

To take part, sign in or register with us