CBD

Posted Sun 5 May 2019 17.15 by Robbo (edited Sun 5 May 2019 17.22 by Robbo)

Hello all, New to the forum. I have had Psoriasis on and off for approx 5 years. Currently experiencing worst ever flare up - plaques all over and getting out of control. Tried all the usual creams etc... A friend has suggested trying CBD oil. Has anybody had any experience or success with CBD? Was thinking of getting some oil and applying topically and ingesting (drops on tongue). I can't find much info the net (that looks reliable) about its use with Psoriasis, however everything I've read about CBD itself suggests it could help. Would be really interested to hear from anyone who has tried and of course anyone's thoughts on this Thanks, Rob

Posted Mon 6 May 2019 13.10 by scouternorm

I don't know if this will be helpful, but here goes: I have been through prescription medicine & ointments from 2 dermatologists. On my own, I started using CBD oil on my plaque psoriasis about 1-1/2 years ago. I had very heavy plaque on my feet with deep fissures & my hands had numerous cuts, and my nails had pretty well died. The doctor said that they had died. As of today, most of my psoriasis has cleared up. I had to get a prescription for medical cannabis from my GP. Cost right now is $90 Canadian for a 40 ml bottle, although I just found another source at $120 for a 100 ml bottle, which I am going to try. The oil is easily spread and absorbed into the skin, and I don't ingest it. I also find that this oil helps with healing ordinary sores. There are some pictures of my plaque psoriasis here: http://www.normtoogood.ca/psoriasis.htm Good luck!

Posted Tue 7 May 2019 13.32 by Robbo

This is very useful thank you. Glad to hear and see you've had success! How long was it before you started noticing improvement if you don't mind me asking? Having had a look around there are lots of different brands and strengths etc available - Is there anything in particular I should look for or avoid? I look forward to hearing from you Cheers Rob

Posted Tue 7 May 2019 14.19 by scouternorm

My fingers improved quicker than my feet. I would say that my fingers were mostly healed within 4 months, but my feet, maybe 8 months. The plaque on my feet was very heavy & I had severe cracks. I just went to a foot nurse yesterday, who I had been seeing since Jan 2018. When I first visited her, my feet were still very bad. Now, she is as amazed as me. Here's what I had been buying: 25 mg of CBD per mL, and 2 mg of THC per mL. Now I've switched to an oil with THC:21.1 mg/ml & CBD:<0.7 mg/ml. I switched because of price-this was cheaper, but so far I haven't noticed any difference. It seems to be legal in the UK, but I have read where patients are having a hard time getting a prescription to buy it. There may be online sources, and probably illegal sources (dispensaries). Here are some online sources in the UK: https://www.marijuanabreak.com/best-cbd-oils-uk Good luck!

Posted Tue 7 May 2019 14.33 by Robbo

Thanks again for the information and your help - Really useful! I am going to give this a go myself and will post updates when I have some. Thanks

To take part, sign in or register with us