Finished UVB Light Treatment But Patches Have Come Back.

Posted Sat 18 May 2019 18.56 by Sarah

Hi all, So I had 16 sessions of the treatment which was great while I was having it done,the scales disappeared and my skin was lovely and smooth but 5 weeks on the patches have started to come back! I’m so disappointed and think what a waste of time that was. Has anyone else had the patches come back so quick after treatment? I have just been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and in the middle of moving so I’m thinking could it be the stress of that.🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted Mon 20 May 2019 00.04 by Holly1
Has psoriasis since 2001

Hi Sarah. I too had the light treatment and like you found it fantastic whilst having it done but my patches came back really quickly too. Whilst it's disappointing and the time you spent on it makes you think what a waste, but at least you gave it a go and know and can maybe rule it out again and look for different treatments. I find with my psoriasis journey it's so far been full of highs and lows like this. Have you got another derm appointment coming up?

Posted Mon 20 May 2019 19.49 by Sarah

Hi holly, Thanks for replying.. Yes I’ve got a appointment with my consultant in July but I do have a open appointment valid for 6 months and can ring the hospital if I notice any patches getting bad again. I just can’t believe how quick they started to come back. What did you do after your patches came back?

Posted Wed 19 Jun 2019 10.52 by Steve - 63 from Shropshire

Hi Sarah I to have had light treatment I went on for weeks but in the end it bid work felt great to be normal again but like you it returned but it felt good 😁 so now I have just brought the Philips 9 tube uvb light canopy so I can start my own treatment will keep up dated how I get on it is a lot of money? Keep well

Posted Fri 21 Jun 2019 09.56 by Sarah

Hi Stephen, It’s so disappointing isn’t it,but I won’t let it get me down. I’ve read about those but yes very expensive. Keep me updated. I’m on holiday at the mo but I can’t be in the sun too long as it makes me skin worse! But it’s nice getting it out in the fresh air. Good luck! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Posted Fri 21 Jun 2019 13.34 by Steve - 63 from Shropshire

Thanks Sarah will keep you updated only just ordered it hopefully it will work because ps is starting to get me down, 🙏

To take part, sign in or register with us