Help for P on the hands (feeling desperate)

Posted Sun 19 May 2019 19.11 by Jenniferm

I’m new to this forum although sadly, I’m not new to P! I’ve had it for over 30 years. For the past few years it has been horrendous. Each day I find new patches and I’ve had progressive guttate p for so long now, I can’t count. I’m one week into to cutting out refined sugar, gluten, dairy, red meat and alcohol. My P seems to be getting worse which someone told me maybe a detox type effect. All the badness coming out. I’ve stopped using steroid creams so I’m thinking the rebound is kicking in. I’m missing certain foods so much but trying to stay strong. I can cope with it although I feel so unhappy but I am really struggling to accept how bad my hands are. They have gone nuts! I’m dreading going back to work tomorrow as my hands are always on show in the office. Does anyone have some suggestions on improving P on the hands?

Posted Tue 21 May 2019 00.26 by wendyloish

Hi Jenniferm, There is a really long stream on the forum about hands which might help you. It is called "Psoriasis Cuts on Hands" and it has run since 2016, so plenty of advice. It was started by summerefranklin. Have a look there. About your dietary changes, that may may take a couple of months before you see true improvement, so persistence is necessary. Good luck. wendyloish

Posted Sat 15 Jun 2019 15.03 by psoriasis123

Have you thought about getting Psoralen + UVA (PUVA), I live in the UK so I can get it free on the NHS. But I had a friend who had it all over her hands, and her hands are still a little red, but all the discomfort and scaling is gone.

Posted Sun 16 Jun 2019 04.38 by claire

Please try Sorion cream. It has really helped me. Scales are going away on my foot. Amazon.com it's around $24 in U.S. Good luck dear. Also put Vaseline on top of Sorion at night. Wear cotton gloves at night over all. God bless!

Posted Sun 16 Jun 2019 07.44 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I tried Sorion ointment on my guttate psoriasis last year, for several weeks. It made no difference whatsoever sadly.

To take part, sign in or register with us