Biologics - Whats your thoughts and experiences

Posted Wed 10 Mar 2021 02.21 by Umaranwar20

Hi I’m 31 and have had p for the last 3 years came on like an allergic reaction 1day all over me, I’ve been on Adulimumab for past year, then in Aug 2020 lost my dad suddenly after dropping him his shopping off 30mins before. He was my best friend my wall and at some times my enemy haha. I took this really bad and still am to a certain point can’t sleep anymore, sleep for maybe 4 hrs if lucky. The Psoriasis just flared right up and has come on areas it’s never been, after being 95% clear baring pigmentation marks I’m worse than ever. Any one been in a similar position that stress has brought it back with vengeance. And what helps non medically.

Posted Wed 10 Mar 2021 07.00 by DodgeWC51

Yes. I've had Psorasis since I was kid, and my Mother before. For 60 years I igonored it, it wasn't a problem.Then about 5 years ago, because of stress. in about a fortnight I went Eryrodermic, to the point the consultant's first words were 'Tell me why I shouldn't put you in hospital?'. You have experienced one of the worst things in life you can. Age is no defence aganist grief. I'm older than you, so Ive lost both my parents , my Farther when I was 13 ,my mother in 1999, at both ages it hurt, a lot.

Posted Wed 10 Mar 2021 07.25 by DodgeWC51

I've thought about how to reply to your second question . I don't want to appear patronising. as it's walking delicate ground. I'd suggest talk, to friends, even a stranger, such as the Samaritains, it can be useful to privately tell someone how you feel , good and bad. With a stranger you don't have to care about your reputation. You can say all the things friends might think wrong. Don't get hung up on 'Well by this time I should be over it'. there ain't a calander, we are all diffrent. Talking therapy is available now with the NHS, speack to your Doctor. And one thing , you are completly normal in your reactions. Keep safe,

Posted Wed 10 Mar 2021 09.52 by Umaranwar20

I appreciate your reply, i contact my doctor today to see what’s available, my wife says because I visit his grave everyday it’s not helping get to terms, but I spoke to him everyday. I do have a dermatology appointment this afternoon to see what alternative treatments can be used, so fingers crossed on that part. Thank you for the reply it’s really made me feel better.

Posted Wed 10 Mar 2021 11.44 by DodgeWC51

I hope you find an answer, But reffering to other people's views .You have to find your answer.

To take part, sign in or register with us