Enstilar FOAM

Posted Mon 24 Jun 2019 22.55 by gewakefie (edited Mon 24 Jun 2019 22.55 by gewakefie)

Hey guys I’m on my second case of guttate after 4.5 years of course after tonsillitis. Last time I didn’t change anything I was in my early 20s partying not sleeping out all the time and took about 9 months to clear up, didn’t change diet anything led a really unhealthy lifestyle so can’t comment on if that is a factor. This time 4 years on. Older and wiser I’m trying to look after myself. Unfortunately after 2 years in Australia I came back to England and got tonsillitis again, guttate came back with a vengeance and I thought it would be another year of waiting for it to go away. I’ve been using enstilar foam for a week and I’m nearly clear. Reason I’m making this post is because I’m literally amazed with the results and I haven’t used long enough to know if I’ll get the rebound effect but hopefully this gives hope to people out there I realise there’s already a thread about enstilar but I’ve seen it goes a bit off topic but honestly guys anyone looking for a cure and even if it does come back for a bit of a break just try this. Hope this helps someone it’s literally a miracle medicine Good luck ❤️

Posted Wed 26 Jun 2019 22.12 by ashleygregs

If been using this for a couple of weeks and I two have noticed that they are cleaning up but on a couple of days when I have forgot to use it they have come back ,so im like you not sure if this will work or not ,I see what happens in the next 2 weeks before I go back to drs

Posted Fri 28 Jun 2019 11.39 by bransoj

Hi...first post but long time psoriasis sufferer, had it since being a young child and now in my 40s. I've tried all the creams and ointments and the enstilar foam is the one i've found that actually makes a difference to clear it up. What i do find is that its not one that will keep it away so it probably needs to be used in conjunction with another treatment. So far i've tried Acitretin, MTX and after an appointment today at the hospital i'm going to switch to Tremfya i think. What i have found that when it flares up i can use the enstilar to get it back under some sort of control and then go from there. For me i just need to track down something to work with it.

Posted Wed 10 Jul 2019 20.50 by gewakefie

You’re right it came back

Posted Sat 7 Mar 2020 04.58 by ItsSamm

Hello there, I have been using Enstilar now for around 4 months, I have severe scalp psoriasis and it started to spread onto my face but dermatologist were refusing to put a case down for injections. I started using the foam and instantly saw results, I am around 90% clear of my psoriasis now after struggling with it for nearly 8 years. I have found so far to stop any re bound is to take breaks in between using it. I will apply it for say 4 days straight applying it before bed and washing it off in the morning then I take a break from using it for 3/4 days. My aunt had full body psoriasis and also used Enstilar doing a similar method to me, she is now rid of her psoriasis and it hasn’t come back for her so far. Stay hopeful, Samuel x

Posted Sat 7 Mar 2020 10.27 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Anyone used it on scalp? I've used it on body and it does start clearing but does come back rather quickly for me. I have to swap treatments regularly for it to work again. Also completely changed my diet, losing weight but psoriasis has not changed. Non smoker/drinker

Posted Sun 8 Mar 2020 12.26 by Dmort

Hi sizzy. It helped my scalp very quickly however found very difficult to wash out. I found it helps for a while then will slowly return. That’s said im now on amgevita injections for the arthritis and my scalp has completely cleared.

Posted Sun 8 Mar 2020 16.32 by Sizzy
Psoriasis 40 years, most treatments tried over this time, currently on biologics (stelara) as nothing else work.

Hi Dmort. I've used dovobet on my scalp and that was horrific to wash out! I'm getting pretty desperate as I'm losing quite a bit of hair again and people are noticing. Nothing is working. I can get the scale right down but 24hours later its back. I am due to start Stelara (been off humira for a year now) but the hospital seems to be dragging their feet. Humira was amazing for me but other health issues put a stop to it after 4 years of psoriasis free skin. I'm going to give enstilar a go but am concerned as you have to limit use. My pasi was only 10.7 2 months ago as I had hundreds of small patches, but they have joined up everywhere and scalp/hairline is covered. I can put up with body psoriasis but scalp drives me mad! Thank you x

Posted Sun 8 Mar 2020 18.27 by Dmort

Hi sizzy I tried to use as little as possible, also applying the shampoo while hair still dry helps a bit. Hope you manage to find something that works. It’s horrible, I’m lucky just now as mine has cleared completely while on amgevita, mind you my stress levels just now with this virus and being on these meds is worrying. Fingers crossed for you.

Posted Sat 6 Jun 2020 09.27 by Kellyrhiannon

I’ve started to use this on my scalp as my psoriasis has recently got a lot worse on my scalp. It’s helped a lot and I’m only using twice a week so hopefully the rebound won’t be too bad. Has anyone found an effective shampoo to get it out in the morning though? I have really thick hair so it’s difficult to administer in the first place but I can’t seem to get it out of my hair in the morning. I’ve tried clarifying shampoos and washed my hair 4 times and I still have an awful greasy coating on it. Anyone found an alternative solution?

Posted Sun 7 Jun 2020 16.18 by Emilyrose94

hi myself and my mother have used this treatment for over a year. when we first started using Enstiler we thought it was fantastic and amazing as it cleared both of our skins within 3-7 days. however, we are now over a year of using and have both found that once it has cleared our skin our skin would flare up 10x worse than it was before using, i have currently got a severe flare up were the hospital are considering starting UV light therapy as enstiler is no longer clearing up my psoriasis even in a small patch.

Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 02.47 by Lawrence Bird

Is this Enstilar stronger than Clobetasol Foam? I was on that for months and it produced zero results whatsoever. When I last saw my dermatologist in March she said my psoriasis covers 40% of my body and since then it has only gotten worse so I think I'm close to 45-50% now. Thank God not on my face though. When I'd use the Clobetasol Foam I'd feel flu like symptoms within 5 minutes. I think it's because I have such a large portion of my body to cover and the powerful steroid gets sucked right into the skin. My doctor is going to prescribe a home 6 foot UVB Light Treatment unit but I need to see her one more time so she can explain how to use it but Kaiser is not seeing patients unless it's something very serious due to the Covid 19, so I'm just waiting on that. I've heard good things about the light treatment so I hope it works because nothing else has made a bit of difference so far. I'm 48 and started getting psoriasis when I was 45. Needless to say, it has taken over my body very quickly. When I saw my dermatologist in March she said she's seen worse cases but mine was the worst she has seen in over 10 years.

Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 08.08 by Sizzy

Hi Lawrence 40% is high coverage so feel for you. I had light therapy in my 20s (48 now, psoriasis started age 11). I've had UVA and PUVA (with puva you either have a special bath or tablets to induce skin reaction). Both really helped my skin but the relief was short term and I used up my maximum allowed sessions. Be very careful with your face as it will burn easily. I would definitely go for it but don't overdo it as you could cause other issues if you burn. Not all treatments work on every person so it really is trial and error. One point is to always moisturise regularly.

Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 15.01 by Lawrence Bird

Thanks for the info Sizzy. I used to moisturize several times each day but it did little good. Within 20 minutes the scales were back all over and I'd be back to shedding skin all over the place. When I get the light machine I will likely wear something over my face so it doesn't burn. As of now, the highest the psoriasis has made it is to my upper back and mid abdomen area. The rest is a whole different story though. I'd say 95% of my legs are covered.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 2020 10.08 by claudia93x - 31 from Halifax

Hopefully it keeps working for you. I’m on day two of using the foam and seeing results already. It’s taken the itch off and I’ve actually been able to have a decent nights sleep. Best wishes x

Posted Sat 13 Jun 2020 07.24 by Pladecalvo

The problem with Estilar foam is that you mustn't expose the skin to sunlight. I do use it once a week as I have only very mild psoriasis, mainly on my arms and back. I don't know if it's anything to do with the cream but I find that I get a lot of bruising on my arms. If I touch my arm with a feather I will get a huge bruise. If I'm gardening, I have to wrap newspapers around my arms to stop anything touching the skin. I have found twice-daily applications of a cream called ISDIN Psorisdin Emollient very good indeed for reducing redness and stopping the itching. Another cream I use which is similar to ESTILAR but only a fraction of the price is CLOVATE. I live in Spain so it may not be available outside of Spain.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 2020 10.14 by EmmaB

Just joined this forum and it’s so refreshing to hear from other sufferers. My daughter is now 16. Has had P for about 1.5 yrs. Full Scalp, body, legs, arms, nails and wrist pains. Used enstilar at beginning of lockdown. Hair was horrible for weeks. Really greasy but wow it worked. Unfortunately when stopped scales were back. Currently trying the dithrocream scalp treatment at home but little change. Still using enstilar on body and it does help. She’s currently had a flare up on her back. Small early stage psoriasis but hopeful the enstilar will keep it from getting worse. 🤞🏻

Posted Mon 15 Jun 2020 07.02 by DannyWyeth

Anyone know ref Estilar foam after the 4 week period of use , how long you must wait before re-using it ??

Posted Mon 15 Jun 2020 18.10 by EmmaB

My daughter was told to use enstilar until it cleared. It usually doesn’t take too long to make a huge different. After a week we see a big change but after a couple of weeks off the foam it does start to return. The cycle continues.

Posted Fri 3 Jul 2020 11.42 by ASH

Hi I have had psoriasis since I was 2. USed dovobet and instillar on and off for years. They are the same medication both containing a strong steriod but the instillar is in a foam whereas the dovobet is a gel. I personally found the gel slightly better. What I have found is it appears to work initially but once stopped it often returns quickly and worse than before. Also, when used regularly for longer than a month, to try and stop the rebound effect , It stops working for me entirely and the psoriasis all starts coming back. I have quite widespread small plaque psoriasis so I feel it would help a lot more for those with Milder psoriasis and larger plaques to areas such as the elbows and knees. My advice for those starting to use this would be to use for 2 weeks then use every other day and reduce gradually with total time not using for longer than a month, I personally would not use this again as now it seems to make my psoriasis worse. It really seems to cause a big flare the last few times I used it. It did work well when I initially started using it years ago though. I guess its the same as many other treatments for psoriasis works initially then stops working/ makeS things worse over time.

To take part, sign in or register with us