Recommended vitamins

Posted Tue 25 Jun 2019 13.43 by JET

Recently on holiday in Egypt, (getting some healing sun!) we dived with a German GP who recommended trying vitamin D3 with K2. He knew about it as something prescribed by a colleague in his practice for patients with psoriasis. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about whether this is worth trying?

Posted Tue 25 Jun 2019 23.23 by wendyloish

Hi JET, Vitamin D topical treatments used often in conjunction with coticosteroids are often the first treatment options in treating psoriasis. There is quite a bit on this in the "Psoriasis and Treatments" section of the website. With respect to Vitamin D supplements, I myself take an oral vitamin D supplement as I am persuaded by all the other autoimmune problems that I have, that treating my skin would be totally inadequate. I have a holistic approach as I have come to the conclusion that my various chronic health problems are all related. If you are using any of the creams mentioned in "Psoriasis and Treatments" you may in fact already be treating yourself with vitamin D. Hope this information is helpful. wendyloish

To take part, sign in or register with us