Guselkumab

Posted Mon 22 Jul 2019 14.41 by oldspice

Hi, to you all, this is my first visit to your Forum. I first had Psoriasis in 1972, and have used all the creams, and ointments going! some came in different strengths that you had to put on, them wash off, after an hour, some with smelly tar, that looked like mint sauce, Greasy Ointments,, then progressed to pills, the first lot, I cannot remember the name of, the Metherexate, and folic Acid, and blood tests to check my Liver, and Kidneys. I have recently started self injecting with a drug called Guselkumab. The first time I used this drug, the Nurse came to visit to tell me how to use it, and to be made aware of any reactions. After my first injection, which was so easy, You have this thing called a Pen which is about 4 inches long. you press it to your skin, press a button, in goes the drug, you don't feel a thing, nor do you see the needle, nor is there any blood. I have to tell you this is the best thing since sliced bread! After the first injection, the next is after 4 weeks, now every 12 weeks.. My Psoriasis was clear after the second injection. and now it's no longer visible. I can wear what I like, without being self conscious. Just a word of warning: you would have to have tried other drugs before this : Guselkumab drug, as it is very expensive, and the Hospital has to apply for funding, But if you have had Psoriasis for a long time, Why not ask your consultant? He can only say No. Regards Joe

To take part, sign in or register with us