Finally found something that seems to be shifting my Psoriasis!

Posted Sun 4 Aug 2019 00.23 by siobean

I’m a 23 year old female and I was diagnosed with psoriasis just over a year and a half ago. It literally felt like I went to bed one morning and woke up covered from head to toe in the horrid itchy flake red patches, covering every area of my body. I have been lurking these forums for a while now and had tried every suggestion everyone has given. To eating blueberries, increasing my exercise, managing my diet, what feels like every cream and ointment under the sun - both prescribed and bought myself - even went for a full treatment of UVB light therapy. Nothing was working for me at all. Nothing was soothing the itchy or clearing up my skin. It got to the point that many of the creams and ointments I was using relentlessly were starting to have no effect on me. Suddenly, over a couple of weeks (i must admit - I had given up putting any creams or anything on because nothing was helping) the two small patches on my forehead cleared up completely. Next it was my back - that also cleared up and the top of my thighs have cleared massively, although still slightly visible. Now, a friend mentioned to me to try a foam she had been using for her psoriasis as it really helps to soothe the itching. It’s called Enstilar Foam. It comes in a can and it’s a spray. Firstly, it soothes it itchy immediately. And I mean immediately. It’s not too greasy but stays on the skin really well. I’ve applied the foam three times now on my elbows and my full leg and my goodness, I’m noticing a difference. I’ve been able to sleep properly for a week now with no constant itching. My elbows have almost completely cleared and the redness, dry and flakey patches all over my legs are returning to a normal colour and very smooth. I’ve now asked my GP for my own prescription for this foam and will continue to use it. I know it might not work for everyone but this has been a miracle for me and I wanted to share it with you all. If you managed to get it, share your experiences and let me know how you get on. Any other recommendations would be nice too. Hope everyone is okay 😊

Posted Mon 5 Aug 2019 19.28 by Sarah

Hi, I’ve had Guttate Psoriasis for about 10 years now,very up and down with it and the last 6 years has been horrendous! I’ve had every cream,ointment,bath products under the sun.Ive even had light treatment this year but it came back.I am covered from head to foot. So my last appointment with the consultant he gave me the Enstilar Foam to try before looking into tablets which I really don’t want to do. Been using it for a week and it’s really calmed it down,no itching or red sore patches,just can’t believe how much it’s disappearing! I use epaderm cream in between and Oilatum bath with Dead Sea salts and that really helps too.So if you are suffering please go and ask for Enstilar Foam..... Don’t let this awful skin problem beat you!

Posted Tue 6 Aug 2019 22.40 by Kd19

I have suffered with psoriasis since falling pregnant with my first child 4 years ago. Nothing else has worked apart from Enstilar foam which is amazing but unfortunately it’s all over my scalp which means I constantly have greasy hair as it doesn’t wash out easily and I need to apply it every night..... so I either have an itchy flaky scalp or horribly greasy hair all the time!! Double edged sword 😟 If anybody has found a solution to this I would love to hear from you x

Posted Thu 8 Aug 2019 11.40 by jay simmons

I have used Estilar foam for some time now, only on my scalp and, along with other meds, the scalp is now much better

Posted Thu 8 Aug 2019 14.56 by Kd19

How have you stopped your hair being greasy when using it on your scalp? Thanks

Posted Fri 9 Aug 2019 17.23 by Felixgerald - 47 from

Hey all. I'd also thoroughly recommend enstilar foam for those who haven't tried it yet. I was at the depths of despair with a savage outbreak of plaque psoriasis that started last December. The GP tried everything with zero results! I was then referred to hospital where they prescribe enstilar and it was amazing! It was such a relief and don't think I could do it justice in words! I'm now about halfway through UVB treatment and thankfully its under control (despite having basically written off the past 9 months for me 😂 ) I hope everyone finds something that will help but enstilar definitely worth exploring. FG

2 Posted Mon 19 Aug 2019 16.32 by Jimdog

That's a lot of concentrated praise for this foam, if I didn't know better, I'd think that you were all employees of the company! Hope you're all bonafide?

Posted Tue 20 Aug 2019 17.28 by Sarah

Hi All, So I spoke to soon about how great the Enstilar Foam is as my psoriasis has come back so bad! I stop using it as you can only use it for Max 4 weeks at a time. I’m literally covered from head to toe and worse then before. Really not sure what to do now..... Any help would be great.

1 Posted Thu 22 Aug 2019 23.11 by Dollydaydream

Please be aware when using Enstilar Foam, do not cover with any bandages. I just put on clean pyjamas till it soaks into my skin. It tells you on the instructions but I know lots of folk don't bother reading them. I can only assume there is something in the treatment that will soak into your bloodstream if bandaged. I had experience of something similar through a friend of mine. Not using this treatment but another type of steroid, I think, he took not well and it turned out there was far too much of a medication in his bloodstream due to the treatment/cream he was using over too long a prolonged time. It had built up. Not good.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 2019 21.53 by Elspeth

Hi Folks I was given some Enstiller foam to try by a friend and after 3 days saw a huge difference GP wouldn’t give me it though . I saw a dermatologist privately who said it was excellent but sill GP wouldn’t - the NHS consultant gave me silkis cream which is similar - both have vitaminD in them - the private dermatologist told me to alternate between silkis and Enstiller and it really works - my arms , under my breasts are almost clear although the back and legs take a lot longer - I’ve also to start light therapy

Posted Wed 28 Aug 2019 17.12 by Andy

I've had psoriasis for over 40 years but I've never felt as fed up with it as I am now. The coverage is that extensive that it makes it impractical to use treatments like Enstilar as it runs out after a couple of applications. I'm seeing the dermatologist next week and I'm going to ask about biological treatments that you can self inject. Has anyone tried these treatments and are they willing to share their experience? Thanks

Posted Sat 31 Aug 2019 14.42 by BT100

Hello, If this is of use. I am 35 years old, about 5 years ago I started getting patches on my elbows, knees, knuckles and shins. I have never been too fussed about getting it sorted out and I am fortunate that its not too visible and I am at an age when it doesn't matter so much. I have the occasional cream from the GP. It helps a little but doesn't have much impact on the persistent areas. I work in the Environmental industry and regularly spend a lot of time in rivers. Some days I will have my hands in river water for a few hours at a time. I noticed that if I did this for a few days a week then my knuckles would clear up by themselves. I take my kids paddling occasional again in river water in the shallows. This week I spent about two hours wading round with shorts on. Again I noticed that my shins cleared up by themselves almost overnight. With time it comes back again but it has a definite almost immediate impact. I live in the east of the UK and all our river water is quite hard due to a lot of them being groundwater fed in places. The water comes out of the limestone aquifer so contains calcium carbonate. It is high in nutrients like phosphate and nitrate but the rest of the UK is also in that respect. It may only be quite specific to myself but I have noticed when I swim in Rutland Water for the water park there then it has a similar effect. It may not be for everyone but if you get a safe opportunity to put your legs in the river then it works for myself. It may also be related to being water without much chlorine in. If it helps one person then I will be glad I posted. Best regards

Posted Mon 2 Sep 2019 08.32 by Billy2018

Hi, I am 27 years old and have suffered with psoriasis for around 5 years with it gradually getting worse and worse on my scalp. It come to the point now people are noticing it and commenting so I need to make a change! I have visited the GP & Dermatologist numerous times and leave feeling it was a pointless trip. I have been prescribed Enstilar foam which I have found it clears my plagues up but doesn’t do anything for the redness inflammation. This is become that visible that people ask if I have dyed my hair! I feel like my diet/lifestyle is what is causing me to have the outbreaks but every time I’ve seen a professional they tell me diet or intolerances have a very small contribution to psoriasis then I come on here a read people have gone gluten free or FODMAP diet to which it has cleared their psoriasis. I am just feeling a little lost on what I should do next. I think I am going to go to the extremes of completely changing my diet on its head from eating what I want to strict as gluten free and keep a diary for the next month to see if there has been any improvements.

Posted Tue 8 Oct 2019 12.05 by ConVery94

Hi There I am 25 and I have the Enstilar Foam but like other steroids this doesn't work for me :(

Posted Tue 8 Oct 2019 14.59 by Jimdog

Tried the foam - didn't work for me - wasn't really a foam, more a spray & wasn't at all soothing for me - I can see many have liked it & good luck to all who have benefited - just no good for me - I've tried the itch magic scalp oil & shampoo which has quietened it down somewhat - nothing really seems to 'cure' it as such, but the oil & shampoo are soothing. For me, that is the best route

Posted Tue 8 Oct 2019 22.41 by Kd19

How did you treat the cause?

Posted Sun 27 Oct 2019 00.55 by ScottD

Hi I've suffered from psoriasis for approx 8yrs now started off as a small patch on my back then escalated from there, only place I didn't have it was my legs then woke up one morning itching like mad, looked and had red dots all over my legs before I knew it they grew and grew. They offered me enstillar foam which worked amazing for me at first but maybes 6month in it had zero effect, now I'm on methotrexate tablets and they've pretty much cleared me up completely I have a tiny bit on my scalp thats it no marks where it was or anything, but the side effects are kicking my arse abit I get terrible nausea on and off and headaches normally for a day or 2

Posted Sun 27 Oct 2019 01.02 by ScottD

Kd19 use alot of your prescription moisturizer ( cetraben,diprobase etc) rub it into your hair maybes 10mins after you've applied enstillar, rub it in like a shampoo then use your actual shampoo give it all a good scrub and that should pull the grease out repeat a second time if needs be

Posted Sat 2 Nov 2019 13.30 by MarkF64

Hi all, I've just been diagnosed with psoriasis. It initially started on my scalp, but is now almost all over my body. I've been prescribed Sebco for my scalp, Exorex for my body and Doxycycline tablets.I've only used them for three days, so it's probably too soon to give feedback. Has anyone used any of these medicines, and if so, how successful were they? Thanks, Mark

Posted Mon 4 Nov 2019 21.03 by allan m

markf64 look into posts relating to diet cutting out certain foods should ease your condition

To take part, sign in or register with us