Adilumumab

Posted Thu 15 Aug 2019 21.32 by Dmort

Hi there Looking for any advice on adilumumab(hopefully correct spelling) rheumatologist has suggested it and wonder what anyone’s experience is with it. Thank you.

Posted Fri 16 Aug 2019 16.26 by scc

Hi Dmort, I started taking Amgevita (the bio-similar for Humira which contains Adalimumab) a month or so ago for my plaque psoriasis and it has been great for me. I have had no side effects and my skin is clearing up really well. I was unsure whether it was the right decision at the start but now am really pleased with the results. I appreciate you posted this in the Psoriatic Arthritis section and I am using it for my skin however I am aware that side effects are of concern to many of us when considering taking biologics so I thought my experience may be of use to you. If you decide to go down the Adalimumab path, I hope you have as good results as I have had as I can honestly say, so far, this was the right decision for me. All the best

Posted Fri 16 Aug 2019 21.12 by Dmort

Hi scc Thank you for your reply. Good to hear it’s working well for you and helping your psoriasis, that would be a bonus for me too it it helps. It is a worry with the side-effects but if it helps the arthritis then hopefully with it.

Posted Mon 19 Aug 2019 11.45 by Essexgran
Lifelong symptoms but with recent severe widespread flare ups

Hi there, like a previous contributor, I am taking a bio similar , in my case, Imraldi. I have just had my 10th injection. I appreciate you are thinking of arthritis and I am dealing with skin psoriasis but I thought my experience may be of help. In general, I am delighted with the injections. The first two weeks I did have some problems: multiple glands swelled up and I was feeling very weary but in the end a chest infection was diagnosed. I was given antibiotics and soon felt fine. This was not brushed aside and someone from Imraldi phoned to check on me. Since then I have been well and thrilled to have a vast improvement in my skin. For the first time in 50 years I am wearing sleeveless dresses and no tights. I am not ashamed to show my hands in public. For me, this has so far been a positive experience. We all have to weigh up side effects against benefits . I hope you reach the correct decision for yourself. Good luck!

Posted Mon 19 Aug 2019 14.44 by Dmort

Hi Essex Gran Thank you for your reply, that’s sounds like your having a great improvement, that’s fantastic, I too have psoriasis on my skin and scalp although can be persistent it’s not widespread but it’s the arthritis that’s really bothering me just now. It’s good to hear success stories, it’s reassuring.

To take part, sign in or register with us